Student Health Service
The city of Bowling Green provides ambulance service. Students are responsible for paying any ambulance fees. Emergency medical transportation must be provided by ambulance. Medical emergencies are conditions that require immediate medical care to save life or preserve function.
If a student needs medical care when the SHS is not open
| Helpful Links: |
The SHS provides transportation on campus to and from the Student Health Service and to Wood County Hospital.
- Transportation is provided ONLY to students who are ambulatory, meaning able to sit up, stand and move without assistance from others. Transportation is available M, Tu, W, and R from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm and Friday from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm, whenever classes are in session. When picking up a student the SHS will call prior to leaving to ensure the student is ready for pick up.
- If the student is too ill to walk to the SHS and needs to be seen at the SHS, transportation may be provided.
- Transportation is provided as an added service to our students and is not always available.
If a student needs to see a healthcare provider in the community or has ongoing visits with a provider, a student can:
- contact the BGSU Campus Shuttle Service at 419-372-RIDE (7433)
- contact BG Taxi at 419-352-0796 or 1-800-579-4299.