Student Health Service
Allergy & Immunizations
The Student Health Service encourages all students to protect their health by keeping their immunizations up-do-date.
- M.M.R. (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) - Two doses required at least 28 days apart for students born after 1956.
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis - Tdap booster recommended
- Completion of meningitis vaccination information
- Completion of Hepatitis B vaccination information
- TB Screening - if student has signs or symptoms of active TB or a member of a high-risk group
- Hepatitis A
- Chickenpox (varicella) vaccine
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Vaccine - three doses of vaccine for female college students up to 26 years of age at 0,2 and 6 month intervals.
The Student Health Service provides all needed immunizations and the visit and immunization can be billed to the student's insurance or be paid by cash, check, credit card, or BG1 Card. SHS can assist with completing a series initiated by another health care provider.
BGSU students currently receiving allergy injections may continue their treatment regimen at the SHS. Click here for more information. Vials are properly stored and we provide injections according to the physician's directions. The SHS does not have an allergist on staff.
In case you may be living in a residence hall, Ohio law requires either a record of meningitis and hepatitis B vaccination or a refusal of the vaccine. Please complete and sign the vaccination information in Parts E and F of the Immunization Record.
Mantoux, Tuberculosis Skin Test, PPD
- The TB skin test is available to all students.
- A student who is required to have this test can visit the SHS each day except Thursday when no test is given. Please call 419-372-2271 to make an appointment.
- This test is given in two steps. Step one is the actual skin test and step two is to return in 48-72 hours to have the test site examined by the SHS medical staff member.
Flu shots available to faculty, staff and students.
More information about immunizations