New treasurers should review the treasurer's manual, the treasurer's training PowerPoint, and the Student Budge Committee policies before getting started.
When spending money from your university account, please remember:
- Organizations are exempt from Ohio sales tax. When making purchases for your organization, please be sure to use the tax-exempt certificate. Most commonly, you will have to present the form to Customer Service prior to making a purchase.
- To pay an outside vendor or company, those entities must complete the vendor ID form. Please allow one-week for processing the vendor form before submitting a payment request.
- Service Providers, including DJs, artists, speakers, referees, etc., must be paid on a University-cut check. Do not pay a service provider out of pocket, as those funds cannot be reimbursed.
- When requesting a check, please allow 21-days for processing
If your organization is in need of funding support, there are several options available.
- Annual Funding
- Spot Funding: Hearings will be held on Tuesdays beginning at 7pm on:
September 18, 2012, 307 BTSU
October 2, 2012, 307 BTSU
October 16, 2012, 309 BTSU
October 30, 2012 309 BTSU
November 13, 2012, 314 BTSU
December 4, 2012, 314 BTSU
January 15, 2013, 318 BTSU
January 29, 2013, 318 BTSU
February 12, 2013, 318 BTSU
February 26, 2013, 318 BTSU
March 19, 2013, 318 BTSU
April 2, 2013, 318 BTSU
April 9, 2013, 318 BTSU
Organizations are eligible to request up to $2000 for upcoming expenses. The complete application is available here. Spot Funding is governed by the Student Budget Committee funding polices. Applications are due by 5:00 PM on the Monday prior to the hearing date. Decisions will be available the next Tuesday.
- Coca-Cola Funding: Organizations and departments are eligible to apply for Coca-Cola products and funding for events that are open to the public a that are held on campus. Applications are only reviewed between September and April.
- Budget Modification: Organizations that have received Annual or Spot Funding and are no longer planning to use the funding as it is currently budgeted may request to alter their budgets. Requests under $100 are reviewed by the Office of Campus Activities. Requests over $100 must be reviewed by the SBC at their monthly Spot Funding hearing.
- SBC Help Sessions: If you have questions about the SBC process or policies, it is advisable to attend an SBC help session. Help sessions begin at 7pm.
September 11, 2012, 307 BTSU
October 9, 2012, 307 BTSU
November 6, 2012, 309 BTSU
January 8,2013, 309 BTSU
February 5, 2013, 309 BTSU
March 12, 2013, 309 BTSU
All organizations are required to fund raise at least 25% of their annual operating budget. To help with that fundraising:
- BG1 Card readers: The BG1 card readers accept both BG1 Cards and credit cards. They can be checked out from the office and used in the Union and other locations on campus. If you would like to use a reader in a location other than the Union, please check with the office to see if your desired location is available and to ensure that a reader is prepared for your use.
- Online store-front: OCA can assist your organization in setting up an online store-front that is operated through the Bursar's office and is linked to your university account. To set up a store-front, please contact the Office of Campus Activities.