The Student Union Event Planning Office will be your primary resource for reserving locations on campus. Event Planning can help your organization reserve space in the Bowen-Thompson Student union, Prout Chapel, Olscamp Hall, academic classroom space, outdoor space, banner space, table space, and window splashes in the BTSU, and the Spirit Rock.
All other space is managed by their individual departments. This includes:
- Recreation and Wellness
- Ice Arena
- Perry Fieldhouse
- Student Recreation Center
- Golf Course
- Basketball courts, intramural Fields, and Mudpits
- Residence Life
- Alumni Mall
- Residence Hall lobbies or meeting rooms
- Theatre and Film
- College of Music
Late Night Events
Any event that concludes after midnight, regardless of start time is considered a Late Night Event and is subject to special regulations, as outlined by the Student Handbook. A Late Night Event must be registered with the Office of Campus Activities at least 30-days in advance and the student planners must attend a Late Night Review Meeting at least two weeks before the event. Late Night Review Meetings take place every two weeks during the semester as needed. To register a Late Night Event, click here. If you have questions, please contact the Office of Campus Activities by phone (419-372-2343) or email (email@example.com).
Should you wish to invite a University administrator, such as a Vice President, the Dean of Students, or the President, to your event, please submit the Administrative Appearance Request Form. Requests should be files as early as possible, with two months notice requested for the President. Organizations should submit this form to OCA and should not contact the President's Office directly.
The Bowen-Thompson Student Union has compiled a handbook of event regulations. This is an excellent resource to utilize in order to familiarize yourself with the various University policies. Prior to purchasing decorations, make sure they do not violate decorating regulations. These regulations ensure the health and safety of participants, as well as comply with the fire code.
Advertising your Event
- To print posters or flyers, you can use Stamper's in the Bowen-Thompson Student Union or a third-party company or website.
- Organizations can print in the Student Organization Suite, 410 BTSU, at the rate of $.03 per page. The Org Suite only offers black and white printing and requires a copy code. To obtain a copy code, please contact the Office of Campus Activities.
- Table tents in the Falcon's Nest and posters to hang in the Student Union are approved by the Information Desk.
- Submit a PowerPoint slide to the Axis TV's in the Bowen-Thompson Student Union.
- Submit a JPEG to the Dining Services LCD Screens.
- Reserve a banner or window splash in the Student Union Event Planning office.
- Submit a Campus Update.
Organizations are responsible for their own contracts. They should be submitted to the organization's advisor for review and signing. The Office of Campus Activities does not sign contracts for Student Organizations. They may, however, be submitted to OCA for review, if so desired. A sample contract is available for use. All service providers should be contracted using a formal document that outlines payment terms, event specifications, times and dates. All service providers MUST be paid with a University-cut check. This includes DJ's, bands, artists, speakers, referees, judges, and so on. DO NOT pay a service provider out of pocket. You will not be able to be reimbursed.