Steps to Taking Final Exams
- Please talk with your professors several weeks before finals week - do not wait until the last minute to make arrangements.
- Remember that professors will proctor exams for students needing extra time only. If you are approved for other accommodations (testing environment with limited distractions, reader, scribe, use of computer, etc.) our office can proctor the exams.
- We have a new form to make exam appointments - see the "exam appointments" link to the left - please use this form to schedule all exams. You must have an appointment for your finals; you cannot just show up at your convenience as you will be turned away. Also, you must indicate if you need a reader, scribe, etc., so we can have someone available at that time.
- The DS Office does not pick up or return exams. If you are unable to return your exams, you and the professor need to arrange another way for the exam to be returned (ex. the professor picking it up, fax, campus mail, etc.).
- Please make sure you bring your student ID with you on the day of your exams. You will be required to sign in and present your ID before taking your tests. Additionally, please be considerate of others and turn off all cell phones before entering our office, as you will be required to leave your phone in the lobby.
- You must provide us with written approval from your professors regarding any special circumstances such as open book exams, making use of notes, etc. If you do not have a note from your professor, you will not be able to use any outside resources.
- Exam appointments are available Monday – Friday from 8:30am – 5:00pm. Our latest exam appointment of the day is 3:00pm, as you must be finished by 5:00pm. If you have an evening class, please make arrangements with the professor to take the test at a different time, or see if the professor is able to proctor the test and provide the needed accommodations at night.
- If you want to take your exams early, you need to make arrangements with your professor. Our office does not make the decision on when you take your exams. You must get your professor's permission.