Flashpoint on Campus
Recognizing and Preventing Violence on Campus
Duration 22 Minutes
Each year, thousands of students become victims of violence on college and university campuses. While campus shootings are rare, assaults, intimate partner violence, and stalking are not uncommon. Violence, however, is almost always evolutionary with warning signs along the way. The purpose of this program is to help students recognize these warning signs and understand how to respond to them…to prevent violence on campus.
The focus of this program is to help students:
- Understand what is meant by Campus Violence
- Recognize common myths about Campus Violence
- Recognize Behaviors of Concern before violence occurs
- Recognize signs of stalking and intimate partner violence
- Understand the importance of early action and options for responding to and reporting warning signs
This program was licensed by the Risk Management Department at Bowling Green State University for internal use only.
To view the video you will need to authenticate as a system user. To get training materials, click on the Description: Flashpoint Training Materials link on the video page.