Office of Registration & Records
Summer Classes FAQ
1. What are the dates for Summer Session 2014?
BGSU Main Campus has three summer sessions: two 6-week sessions and one 8-week session.
The dates for summer 2014 are:
First 6-week session: May 19–June 27, 2014
8 week session: June 16–August 8, 2014
Second 6-week session: June 30–August 8, 2014
Summer Session information at the Firelands Campus can be found here.
You can register for one or more summer sessions.
2. How many courses can I take in the summer?
Due to the compressed summer schedule, it is typically recommended that you take no more than two courses or six credit hours each six-week session. It is suggested that you contact your advisor to discuss your best options for summer class load before registering.
3. When can I view the 2014 summer schedule?
The schedule will be available online
4. How do I find out about online classes available in the summer?
The schedule is available online. Select the campus of "Distance" prior to searching for classes.
5. I am a current BGSU student. How do I register for summer?
If you are a current BGSU student, you can register by going to MyBGSU starting February 17, 2014.
6. I am a guest student. How do I register for BGSU's summer session?
Visit the Admissions Services page.
7. How can I drop/add classes?
Prior to the beginning of classes go to MyBGSU and drop/add the class(es). If you wish to drop a class that has already started, contact your College office for assistance. Guest students should contact the Office of Registration and Records (419.372.8441).
8. Is there an extended payment plan in the summer?
No. However, there is a Short Term Extension Plan (STEP) available. For information, please contact the Bursar's office at 419.372.2815.
9. When are grades posted?
Grades are posted in August. At that time students can go to MyBGSU and print their grade report or request a transcript from the Office of Registration and Records at 419.372.8441.
10. Are there summer jobs available?
Click here for information regarding summer employment.
11. Is the Recreation Center available in the summer?
Yes. Click here for information on the Rec Center.
12. Do I need a parking permit for summer?
Yes. Click here for information on parking.
Last Updated: 10.30.13