The University has established contract pricing and rental arrangements with Enterprise Rent-A-Car. Enterprise will accept the University P-Card as a form of payment. To initiate a request with Enterprise, please use the following steps in the Vehicle Rental Process:
- If you have not been authorized yet this year, please complete the Motor Vehicle Records Statement form. (Yearly renewal is required after first application.) Fax the request to Risk Management at 419-372-3135. Risk Management will determine driver insurability and add your name to the driver authorization site. The risk management department must receive your initial request no later than 3 business days in advance of the expected travel date in order to guarantee all paperwork will be processed on time.
- Review the Rental Vendor Information form to obtain pertinent contact information for Enterprise.
- Contact the supplier to determine availability and make a reservation.
- If you are requesting a 15-passenger van (10 passenger limit), there is a one time requirement to complete the Alert Driving Training module on the Risk Management site.
- Contact the supplier directly a day or two in advance of your expected travel to ensure your request was received and that they will have your vehicle ready.
When renting transportation for university sponsored events and business related travel the following rules must be followed:
- Bowling Green State University should be listed as the primary renter on the rental car agreement. No additional insurance or deposit is required when properly requested and charged to a University budget or P-Card. There may be an exception to this rule for student organization drivers at some suppliers. Please see the individual supplier's page for details.
- The minimum driving age is 21 or older for all of the suppliers.
- The University's policy that limits ten passengers in a 15-passenger van remains in effect.
- Any and all drivers of the vehicle must be cleared through Risk Management.
Questions pertaining to supplier service and selection may be directed to the Purchasing Department at 419-372-8411.