Three Year Undergraduate Programs
Your pathway to a Three-Year BGSU Bachelor's Degree
New freshmen who enter BGSU having completed 30 or more credit hours can complete designated BGSU undergraduate degrees in three years.
To accomplish this consider the following:
- Taking classes through a PSEO (Post-Secondary Enrollment Options) program.
- AP (Advanced Placement)
- IB (International Baccalaureate: subject exams similar to AP)
- CLEP (College Level Examination Program)
- Credit by Examination
- Prior Learning Assessment
- Review of military training and coursework
- Transfer coursework from a regionally accredited institution of higher education
- Dual Enrollment programs
The key to utilizing these opportunities is to focus on the BGSU BG Perspective (General Education) classes. Every major at BGSU requires approximately 36 credit hours of general education coursework. It is critically important that you focus on applicability, in addition to transferability, as you consider completing the appropriate coursework. College level coursework will transfer anywhere, but if it does not apply to your intended major, you may complete coursework that is not required in your intended degree program. BGSU has a very strong academic advising framework so seek out answers to any questions you may have.
The key to utilizing these opportunities is to focus on Purposeful Planning.
Purposeful Planning requires using the BGSU Common Core.