A review of the Learning Management System (LMS) and ePortfolio applications used at BGSU was recently completed. The LMS and ePortfolio supported by BGSU is a key component to student success. They are critical in order to support
- a renewed commitment to student success
- faculty development and
- innovative teaching
The selection of Canvas as the LMS and ePortfolio system for BGSU follows a fourteen-month evaluation, review, and pilot project. The links included below provide documentation regarding this process and the results.
The Canvas product by Instructure will replace the Blackboard LMS and Epsilen ePortfolio system by December 2013.
- an integrated LMS and ePortfolio solution
- a cloud-based solution with a significant amount of storage per user that is expandable without individual request
- a product that provides secure transmission for each page of the system
- a solution that provides communication options for each user
- a solution that streamlines completion of tasks
- a product that provides a means to be accessible with the BGSU username and password