Future Students: Veterans & Active Military
Contact Nontraditional & Transfer Student Services today to leverage your military education benefits.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (419) 372-8136
We are proud to welcome United States veterans, active members of the Armed Forces and their family members to BGSU. You’ve made an incredible contribution to our country. It’s our turn to help you make the transition to new goals and a new civilian career.
At BGSU, we believe a university education is always in reach. We offer high-quality, accredited online learning opportunities that enable active service members to take their careers to the next level. Anytime. Anywhere.
"The reason I chose BGSU was because they are one of the few state universities that is actually military friendly.” - Joshua Falso, LDT Online graduate
- BGSU has been named a “military-friendly school” by GI Jobs magazine and has been recognized by Military Times EDGE as one of the nation’s top “Best for Vets” higher education institutions. We are proud of our long tradition as a welcoming community for active duty service members and military veterans. Watch Joshua tell us more about why he chose BGSU:
BGSU is here to help our military members make their education more affordable:
- Air Force Tuition Assistance
- Post 9/11 GI Bill Benefits
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Ohio Higher Ed: Financial Aid for Veterans
- Scholarships and Financial Aid for Military Spouses
- BGSU's Searchable Scholarship Guide
TRANSFER OF EDUCATIONAL BENEFITS
Military spouses and dependents can use Post 9/11 GI Bill education dollars through the Transfer of Education Benefits program.Did you you know BGSU offers several online graduate programs that respect your time and make the most of your education dollars? BGSU Online is the perfect solution for military spouses because a graduate degree, especially one in Education, can significantly increase your career opportunities no matter where you live.
Many of you may not know how to apply for and receive this outstanding benefit from the new Post 9/11 GI Bill, but we do and we are ready to help. Find out how you can take advantage of all VA benefits by calling our non-traditional enrollment specialists at 419.372.8136 or emailing our military specialist today.
AIR UNIVERSITY - ASSOCIATE TO BACCALAUREATE COORPERATIVE (AU-ABC)
Bowling Green State University has made continuing your education while on active duty easier by participating in the Air University - Associate to Baccalaureate Cooperative (AU-ABC) program. This program establishes a partnership between Air University and BGSU and offers the following benefits:
- Available to Active Duty Air Force Servicemembers who have completed a CCAF technical degree
- CCAF graduates can complete a four-degree in 60 hours or less
- An efficient and economical way to earn a career-related four-year degree
- All classes are taken online
TRANSFER YOUR CCAF DEGREE TO BGSU
Many Community College of the Air Force Associate (CCAF) degrees are fully transferrable, allowing you to earn a Bachelor of Science in Technology degree online in 60 semester hours or less. Choose from the following programs:
- Step 1: Apply Online Step 2: Submit Transcripts
Complete the application form for transfer students. The application fee is WAIVED for AU-ABC applicants.
Step 3: Contact the College of Technology
Click APPLY ONLINE NOW
Enter USERNAME and PASSWORD
Choose either LEARNING DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY or QUALITY SYSTEMS
Request official copies of transcripts from every college or university you have attended and have them sent directly to:
110 McFall Center
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403
Approximately one week after the Admissions Office receives your transcripts and application, your application will be processed. You will receive an email from the Admissions office when that is complete. At that point, email Sherri Orwick Ogden, Enrollment Services Manager, Online Specialist in the College of Technology Undergraduate Services office for account set up and registration instructions!