Office of Research Compliance
Human Subjects Review Board Training Schedule
All BGSU faculty, staff, and students planning to conduct research involving human subjects will need to complete BGSU Human Subjects training in order to get your application reviewed by the HSRB. Note: If you are advising a student who is conducting research on human subjects you will also need to have completed Human Subjects training in order for your advisee to have her/his application reviewed. You can complete in-person training or online training to fulfill this requirement.
The Office of Research Compliance will be offering training sessions for faculty, staff and students conducting research with human subjects by appointment for groups of 5 or more people (typically research groups, faculty meetings, individual classes). All workshops, which fulfill the requirement of having conducted HSRB training, require a two (2) hour block of time and a location that can accommodate a PowerPoint presentation. Please contact the Office of Research Compliance to schedule a session: (419) 372-7716; email@example.com.
Online CITI training
1. Go to http://www.citiprogram.org
2. Create a User Name and Password
- Click on “Register Here” and fill in the required information.
3. Choose human subjects training:
- Click the link “Continue to Question 1 at this time if you are working with human subjects”.
4. Choose your course:
- Click the button for “Biomedical Research Investigators” or “Social & Behavioral Research Investigators” depending upon your field of study.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “Continue” button.
5. Complete course:
- Under “Status” click the red, underlined “enter”.
- Click “The Integrity Assurance Statement” link, select the appropriate statement, and click “Submit”
- Read each module by clicking the red, underlined title, and complete any associated exams.
6. Once all training modules are completed you can print off a training completion certificate.
Note: If you need to go back and select a different course, go to “Main Menu” and then click “Add a course or update your learner groups”.
If you have any problems enrolling or accessing the training, please contact Hillary Snyder at (419) 372-7716 or firstname.lastname@example.org .