Classification Specification Project
UPDATE: Classification Project
Dear Classified staff,
It has been a while since the project team has provided an update on the classification project. We wanted to take some time and share with you everything that we have accomplished over the last several months.
Specifically, we have been busy moving forward with:
- Identifying and training your peers to serve as evaluators as we review the “draft” classifications from our consultant, Aon Hewitt.
- During the months of April and May evaluators thoroughly reviewed every “draft” classification that was created by Aon Hewitt from the data that you supplied.
- Feedback was collected from the evaluators and was then sent on to Aon Hewitt for final changes to be made to the classifications.
- We anticipate receiving the final classifications from Aon Hewitt by the end of July.
Looking ahead to this summer and fall we will be busy with the following:
- Rolling out the NEW classifications. This process will include a period for classified staff to file “job audits” if they feel as though the NEW classification does not accurately reflect their current duties.
- Rolling out a NEW process for conducting “job audits” that will include a “peer review” process.
- Working with Aon Hewitt as they complete a salary survey to assess BGSU’s beginning hourly rates for classified staff and how they compare to the market. If the pay for a position is found to be out of market, adjustment's MAY be made during the 2014/2015.
The project team is pleased with the progress we have made so far. And, we are excited as we approach the “roll out” phase of the project. We appreciate your contributions thus far to the project and your patience. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact any of the team members.