Administrative Staff Position
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR - Interim
University Honors Program
(Full-time administrative interim staff position for a term of 2 years)
More information regarding the University Honors Program: CLICK HERE
To apply click the following e-mail address: email@example.com and attach (as one document if possible), your cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references
The purpose of this position is to develop a comprehensive recruitment plan for the Honors Program, oversee all Honors Program recruitment activities, offer effective academic advising to Honors students, participate in the Program’s summer Orientation and Registration program for incoming students, and provide other administrative services to the Program.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
Oversee all Honors Program recruitment activities
- Develop and implement comprehensive recruitment plan for Honors Program (after assessing current recruitment activities)
- Develop and implement plan for recruiting more students of color into the Program
- Visit Ohio/Michigan high schools with initial target areas being Toledo, Detroit, Columbus and Cleveland
- Network with guidance counselors in Ohio/Michigan high schools to identify potential Honors students and acquaint them with the opportunities available through the Honors Program
- Coordinate phone calling to prospective Honors students
- Meet with prospective Honors students and their families when they visit BGSU
- Review printouts from Admissions (October – March) and select students to whom Honors applications should be sent
- Select, train, and monitor the performance of the members of the Honors student recruitment team
- Oversee Honors Program participation in on-campus recruitment events (Presidents Day, etc)
- Meet with representatives from Admissions, Financial Aid, the Center for Multicultural Initiatives, and other relevant university offices when planning and coordinating recruitment activities
- Regularly evaluate the effectiveness of all Honors Program recruitment activities
- Make occasional day or overnight arrangements for prospective Honors students visiting campus
- Handle walk-ins to the office or phone calls dealing with recruitment, scholarships for prospective students, etc.
- Regularly update the portions of the Honors Program website designed to assist prospective students, monitoring both content and format
- Work with the Marketing & Communications team in preparing the Honors Program brochure and other promotional materials
- Assist Honors students in selecting classes for the upcoming semester
- Assist Honors students in choosing a major
- Assist students who either walk into or call the office seeking academic advising
- Advise students who encounter academic difficulty
- In the fall and spring of each year, join the Associate Director in providing occasional evening advising sessions in Dunbar Hall
- Review new student files prior to O’Reg
- Greet students at O’Reg program
- Serve on the advising team at O’Reg
- Provide welcome presentation to incoming students and their families
Perform other duties as needed, including:
- Represent the Honors Program at University functions in the absence of the Director and/or Associate Director.
- Represent the Program on University committees (including the Enrollment Network and University Academic Support Council)
- Attend Honors Program staff meetings
- Respond to miscellaneous requests for information from students, staff, faculty, and administrators
- Prepare the recruitment section of the Program’s Annual Report
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Effective oral communication skills including public presentations as well as small group presentations
- Ability to plan and organize large scale campus events
- Ability to work collaboratively on teams across offices
- Excellent organizational skills
- Basic computer skills such as email and Microsoft Office
Master’s degree required.
Plus the following preferred experience:
2 years recruitment experience
1 year advising experience
Pre-Employment Background Check
Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. Offers of employment are conditional until a background investigation has been successfully completed and all other pre-employment requirements are satisfied. The University reserves the right to determine and confirm suitability for employment and to end any employment already begun if the background check reveals disqualifying information.
Full-time administrative interim staff position for a term of 2 years. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Administrative pay grade 354 Full benefits package available.
For more information on Administrative pay grades and ranges click HERE
Submit cover letter w/email address, resume, and contact information of 3 professional references (in one document as one attachment if possible) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or regular mail to:
Office of Human Resources (Search L-62567)
1851 N. Research Drive
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403
Deadline to apply: May 2, 2013
(Credentials must be received by the Office of Human Resources on or before the deadline date. Official transcript(s) will be required of final candidates.)
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. BGSU hires only individuals authorized to work in the United States. For information regarding BGSU’s crime statistics, please visit Public Safety’s web site at www.bgsu.edu/offices/safety.
|Full-time staff members|
are offered many
benefits at BGSU
for a brief description
|Bowling Green was recently named|
one of the best
home towns in Ohio. Details: here
the Bowling Green
the Bowling Green
the city of Bowling
Green’s web site.
To return to all Administrative Staff Vacancies click HERE