Administrative Staff Position
ASSISTANT WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL COACH
For more information about BGSU Athletics: Click HERE
To attach your cover letter, contact information for three professional references and resume (as one document, in one attachment if possible) and apply click here: email@example.com
Assist the head coach in all phases of the specified sport program including, but not limited to, recruiting qualified student-athletes, organization of practice and competition, scheduling, fund raising, booster and alumni relations, camp, public relations, and compliance with University, Conference, and NCAA rules.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Successfully identify, select and recruit prospective student-athletes who display the athletic and academic talents and ability to successfully compete in the MAC and BGSU.
- Assist the head coach to plan, develop and promote a highly competitive NCAA Division I program.
- Assist the head coach in organizing and implementing practice and training procedures for the development and improvement of individuals and team skills.
- Assist the head coach in organizing and running summer camps.
- Display knowledge and adhere to all rules and regulations, pertaining to the sport as established by the NCAA, MAC, and the University.
- Complete and report in a timely fashion, all Department, University, and Conference administrative information, as well as academic, recruiting and financial information.
- Assist in the development and implementation of fundraising activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Proven oral communication skills
- Proven written communication skills
- General budgeting and accounting skills
- Computer skills, ability to use email, internet functions, and a database
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Ability to handle administrative paper work
- Ability to work under stressful conditions
- Ability to make quick decisions
- Ability to relate to individuals from diverse backgrounds
Bachelor's degree required. Must pass the NCAA recruiting test annually. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the university’s vehicle use policy.
One year College Coaching and/or club coaching experience or other relevant experience at the Division I, II, III, NAIA Junior College or High School level (graduate assistantship experience accepted). Basic first aid and CPR training.
Pre-Employment Background Check
Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. Offers of employment are conditional until a background investigation has been successfully completed and all other pre-employment requirements are satisfied. The University reserves the right to determine and confirm suitability for employment and to end any employment already begun if the background check reveals disqualifying information.
Full-time, administrative staff position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefits package available.
Submit cover letter w/email address, resume, and contact information of 3 professional references (in one document as one attachment if possible) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or regular mail to:
Office of Human Resources (L-62584)
1851 N. Research Drive
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403-0201
Deadline to apply: June 5, 2013
(Credentials must be received in the Office of Human Resources on or before the deadline date. Official transcript(s) will be required of final candidates.)
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. BGSU hires only individuals authorized to work in the United States. For information regarding BGSU’s crime statistics, please visit Public Safety’s web site at www.bgsu.edu/offices/safety.
|Full-time staff members|
are offered many
benefits at BGSU
for a brief description
|Bowling Green was recently named|
one of the best
home towns in Ohio. Details: here
the Bowling Green
the Bowling Green
the city of Bowling
Green’s web site.
To return to all Administrative Staff Vacancies click HERE