Administrative Staff Position Vacancy Announcement
MANAGER OF ENERGY MANAGEMENT
For more information about Campus Operations: Click HERE
To apply click the following e-mail address to attach as one document, in one attachment if possible, your cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com
The Manager of Energy Management provides authoritative decisions and recommendations having impact on all mechanical and electrical engineering activities that directly influence operations, maintenance, construction, renovation, energy procurement, sustainability, commissioning, system standards, project management, system metering, energy demand management, and energy reporting. Position initiates and maintains extensive contacts with key engineers and officials of other organizations, community and companies, using skill in persuasion and negotiation of critical issues to form partnerships. Position demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in anticipating and solving engineering complexities, determining program objectives and requirements, organizing programs and projects, and developing standards and guidelines for diverse engineering activities related to energy management.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
• Direct energy and engineering activities for University Facilities and Construction.
• Develops and directs the implementation of energy conservation, metering and monitoring, building audits, standards, and efficiency programs to insure efficient utilization of energy across campuses.
• Develops and directs energy management Facilities and Construction department team.
• Develops and directs across campus department and across State energy management reporting, communications, and training.
• Develops and forecast University energy budgets and capital energy reduction project budgets.
• Leads cross functional teams and consultant engineers to insure efficient design of new-remodeled facilities.
• Creates monthly publications on energy consumption across all campuses monthly for the Facilities and Construction VP and website. These reports are combined to yield a yearly University Energy Summary publication for public distribution.
• Directs programming of all building automation systems as it relates to energy management.
• Project management for construction, renovation, capital repairs, and energy reduction.
• Assist in the procurement of fuel and energy contracts.
• Mechanical system consulting for Facilities system trouble shooting and emergencies.
• Participates in across campuses, community and State meetings/teams relating to energy management, sustainability, LEED, etc.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
• Thorough knowledge of energy utilization and conservation processes and methodology.
• Strong communication and customer relation skills are essential.
• Available for calls, 24 hours and 7 days a week with appropriate response time(s) and scheduling back up coverage for vacations, travel, etc.
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Engineering with a BSME or BSEE. Also required three to five years experience in building systems engineering with strengths in system design, energy management, project management, plant operations management, facilities management, energy procurement, and field condition(s) problem solving. Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and comply with the University's vehicle use policy. Preferred qualifications include; Registered State of Ohio Professional Engineer and LEED Certification.
Pre-Employment Background Check
Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. Offers of employment are conditional until a background investigation has been successfully completed and all other pre-employment requirements are satisfied. The University reserves the right to determine and confirm suitability for employment and to end any employment already begun if the background check reveals disqualifying information.
Full-time, 12 month permanent, administrative staff position available. Administrative pay grade 356. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefits package available.
For more information about Administrative pay grades and ranges please click HERE
Submit cover letter w/email address, resume, and contact information of 3 professional references (in one document as one attachment if possible) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or regular mail to:
Office of Human Resources (Search J-62414)
1851 N. Research Drive
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403-0201
Deadline to apply: March 22, 2013
(Credentials must be received in the Office of Human Resources on or before the deadline date. Official transcript(s) will be required of final candidates.)
Ohio law (OCR 2909.34) requires that if you are selected for an on-campus interview for the position you will be required to complete a Declaration Regarding Material Assistance/ Nonassistance to a Terrorist Organization (DMA) form. Information on this form will be provided to you by the hiring department and must be completed PRIOR to your interview. You will find a link to the DMA form as well as additional information from the following web site: http://www.homelandsecurity.ohio.gov/dma.asp or on the Office of Human Resources web site at: http://www.bgsu.edu/offices/ohr
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. BGSU hires only individuals authorized to work in the United States. For information regarding BGSU’s crime statistics, please visit Public Safety’s web site at www.bgsu.edu/offices/safety.
|Full-time staff members are offered many benefits at BGSU for a brief description click: here||Bowling Green was recently named one of the best home towns in Ohio. Details: here||Information from the Bowling Green Visitor and Convention Bureau. Details: here||Information from the Bowling Green Chamber of Commerce. Details: here||New resident information from the city of Bowling Green’s web site. Details: here|
To return to all Administrative Staff Vacancies click HERE