Administrative Staff Position Vacancy Announcement
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR (Volunteer Engagement)
Alumni & Development
To visit Alumni's web site: Click HERE
To apply click, the following e-mail address: email@example.com and attach (as one document if possible), your cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references
The Assistant Director of Alumni and Development is responsible for external relationship for over 170,000 alumni and the campus community. This position provides the external relations component to alumni and development through: working with alumni chapter and society programs, training and recruiting volunteers, advising the Young Alumni Council and their events, working with in-state, out-state and international alumni, supporting Homecoming through society and reunion programming, serving as liaison to the Alumni Board regarding revenue development opportunities and working with donors and friends to cultivate and solicit funds for the University.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Oversee the alumni chapter program. Develop volunteer opportunities that meaningfully engage alumni and constituent groups throughout the country. Oversee various forms of communication with volunteers including Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. Recruit and train leadership committees; develop diverse and mission critical programming; work with Directors of Development and the colleges to stage events that highlight BGSU’s outstanding academic programs and alumni.
- Serve as advisor and office liaison to Young Alumni Council; recruit and train leadership committee members, develop young alumni programming; and work towards increased young alumni giving efforts to the University.
- Advance relationships with assigned prospects and current donors through fundraising, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship which results in generating revenue for the University.
- Serve as liaison to the Alumni Development Committee within the Alumni Board of Directors; actively recruit and solicit additional revenue generating opportunities for the Alumni Association.
- Act as general customer service agent to all alumni, friends, and donors to the University; assist with any questions they may have, provide information they seek, and help promote a positive alumni experience/engagement back to their alma mater.
- Perform other such duties as assigned by the VP of University Advancement and the Director of Alumni Affairs.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Be detailed oriented
- The ability to effectively communicate in both oral and written form
- Be able to comfortably interact with a variety of people
- Computer experience
- Be highly motivated and independent
- Be a tireless work with abounding enthusiasm
- Possess strong organizational skills
- Be able to delegate effectively
Bachelors Degree required. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the university’s vehicle use policy.
Plus the following required experience:
• 2 years alumni/non-profit experience
• 2 years project management experience
• 2 years supervisory/management experience
Pre-Employment Background Check
Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. Offers of employment are conditional until a background investigation has been successfully completed and all other pre-employment requirements are satisfied. The University reserves the right to determine and confirm suitability for employment and to end any employment already begun if the background check reveals disqualifying information.
Full-time administrative staff position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Administrative pay grade 355. Full benefits package available. For more information on Administrative pay grades and ranges click HERE .
Submit cover letter w/email address, resume, and contact information of 3 professional references (in one document as one attachment if possible) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or regular mail to:
Office of Human Resources (Search L-62563)
1851 N. Research Drive
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403
Deadline to apply: April 19, 2013
Credentials must be received on or before the deadline date. Official transcript(s) will be required of final candidates.
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. BGSU hires only individuals authorized to work in the United States. For information regarding BGSU’s crime statistics, please visit Public Safety’s web site at www.bgsu.edu/offices/safety.
|Full-time staff members|
are offered many
benefits at BGSU
for a brief description
|Bowling Green was recently named|
one of the best
home towns in Ohio. Details: here
the Bowling Green
the Bowling Green
the city of Bowling
Green’s web site.
To return to all Administrative Staff Vacancies click HERE