Administrative Staff Position
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF STUDENT EMPLOYMENT SERVICES
Student Employment Services - Enrollment Management
For more information on the Office of Student Employment Services: Click HERE
To apply click the following e-mail address: email@example.com and attach (as one document if possible), your cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references
Reporting to the director, this position serves as a member of the Student Employment Services (SES) team, supporting the goals and objectives of the unit and the Division of Enrollment Management. The assistant director has primary responsibility for operations involving in the awarding, acceptance, tracking, monitoring eligibility for graduate assistantship contracts and stipends for BGSU. In partnership with Student Financial Aid/Office of Scholarships, this position oversees the University contracting system for graduate assistantships – both stipends and tuition scholarships; serves as the administrative liaison between SES and other college offices as it relates to assistantship stipends (including background checks); assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures that support the enrollment and retention of graduate assistants. Responds to questions from prospective and current students, departments, and other support offices/personnel; develops and runs reports, creates documentation and training materials; trains staff (SES and University) on employment policies, procedures, and practices; keeps current on developments in the field; oversees the daily operations of Student Employment Services, as needed; and acts in the absence of the Director as requested.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
Graduate Assistantship Operations:
• Works with the Office of Scholarships to coordinate the University’s contracting system for graduate assistantships, including stipends and tuition scholarship administration. Oversees the business functions of the Graduate Assistantship Contract System as it relates to stipends.
• Oversees graduate assistantship award processing, contract preparation, eligibility monitoring, initial payroll processing, and compliance for graduate assistantship stipends. Processes graduate assistant stipends; identifies and troubleshoots problems, handles student and employer concerns, answers student and employer questions; trains unit staff and other University departments to do the same.
• Communicates with prospective/current graduate assistants and graduate program personnel to explain procedures, interpret policies, and address problems and concerns; delivers training to graduate coordinators and other staff as needed.
System Development Design:
• Leads the ongoing development, maintenance, and testing of the graduate assistant contracting system and other University systems to administer graduate stipends and scholarships.
• Researches new technologies and methods and identifies challenges and well as alternatives to improve system efficiency and operations. Recommends changes in business practice to implement and reflect University and Graduate Council policies, ensure compliance.
• Designs and updates training, documents, and communication materials related to the graduate assistantship contract system. Develops job aids and handbook materials for SES unit and department users.
• Supports/facilitates the Graduate College’s reconciliation of graduate assistantship budgets. Designs management reports to audit daily processing and productivity; identify errors; ensures data integrity; analyzes and evaluates financial information.
• Communicates with budget administrators regarding reconciliation of department, college, and grant budgets. Processes contract addendums and adjustments to stipend information.
• Develops and executes procedures to improve efficiencies and internal operating controls. Recommends changes to policies and business practices when appropriate to ensure the optimum/efficient use of resources for graduate student stipend funding.
Unit, Operations, and University Support
• Supports daily operations of Student Employment Services; participates in unit and other operational meetings and events and short and long term planning; assists with daily operations and customer service needs; collaborates with University constituents to ensure quality employment-related services (Graduate Student Orientation and other programs); meets with students; represents the unit and division at meetings and on projects; attends training and professional development opportunities; serves in the absence of the director, when requested.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate and detailed records
• Experience with large and complex databases
• Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Customer service skills, public speaking
• Demonstrated ability to create and deliver training modules/workshops
• Demonstrated ability to document policies and procedures
Bachelor’s Degree required., preferably in Business, Human Resources, Public Administration, Management Information Systems/Computer Science, Technical Writing, Education, Communications, or related field. Also required two years experience in a higher education, student employment, or human resources administration.
Pre-Employment Background Check
Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. Offers of employment are conditional until a background investigation has been successfully completed and all other pre-employment requirements are satisfied. The University reserves the right to determine and confirm suitability for employment and to end any employment already begun if the background check reveals disqualifying information.
Full-time administrative staff position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Administrative pay grade 355. Full benefits package available. For more information on Administrative pay grades and ranges click HERE .
Submit cover letter w/email address, resume, and contact information of 3 professional references (in one document as one attachment if possible) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or regular mail to:
Office of Human Resources (Search J-62550)
1851 N. Research Drive
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403
Deadline to apply: April 5, 2013
(Credentials must be received by the deadline date. Official transcript(s) will be required of final candidates.)
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. BGSU hires only individuals authorized to work in the United States. For information regarding BGSU’s crime statistics, please visit Public Safety’s web site at www.bgsu.edu/offices/safety.
|Full-time staff members|
are offered many
benefits at BGSU
for a brief description
|Bowling Green was recently named|
one of the best
home towns in Ohio. Details: here
the Bowling Green
the Bowling Green
the city of Bowling
Green’s web site.
To return to all Administrative Staff Vacancies click HERE