Administrative Staff Position
CONFERENCE & EVENT SERVICES SPECIALIST
Bowen-Thompson Student Union - BTSU
For more information on the BTSU: Click HERE
To apply click the following e-mail address: email@example.com and attach (as one document if possible), your cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references
The Conference & Event Services Specialist facilitates the scheduling, coordination and on-site management of events in the Bowen-Thompson Student Union and additional event spaces that occur days, nights and weekends as scheduled. This position will manage university and public events on the Bowling Green State University campus and work with many university departments and community partners to ensue exceptional customer service for all events they directly coordinate. As a member of the Bowen-Thompson Student Union staff team, the Conference & Event Services Specialist is prepared to back-up all members of the Conference & Event Services office as well as direct the BTSU Operations staff to support events as needed.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
• Serves as Event Planner managing all aspects of events he/she is assigned such as conferences, seminars, workshops and banquets held in the Bowen-Thompson Student Union and additional event spaces across the BGSU campus. This includes participation in planning meetings with existing and potential clients to ensure proper communication and execution of an event/program. Must be onsite to check with and sometimes stay throughout the majority the events they schedule, which includes early morning, evening and weekend hours. Rotates some of these off hour (outside 8am-5pm M-F) responsibilities with other fulltime administrative staff of the BTSU.
• Serves as lead contact for clients in the absence of other staff members in support of the events they are coordinating, and/or as the acting Manager for Conference & Events Services & Bowen-Thompson Student Union Operations.
• Works in collaboration with the Conference & Event Services Manager and the BTSU management team to develop and implement strategies to attract and retain both university and non-University clients. Collaborates with clients and appropriate university departments to improve customer service and the overall image of the operation.
• Works diligently to become an expert with our event management system (EMS), which is used to facilitate the logistics of events and is the framework for our billing process. Upon the completion of each event this individual manages, he/she must be able to deliver a comprehensive bill and understand all aspects of the billing process through collections.
• Reviews existing policies and procedures to ensure that appropriate University, Conference & Event Services and Bowen-Thompson Student Union policies and procedures are adhered to. Helps to further develop policies and procedures for office and facility operations and assist in the research and development of necessary to strengthen said policies and procedures.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Multitasking abilities
• Ability to work with diverse groups of people
• Strong working knowledge of computer operations in both Mac and PC format
• Ability to design and implement room arrangements for meetings and events
• Proven ability to provide excellent customer service
• Excellent organizational abilities
• Evidence of ability to solve problems and to resolve conflict quickly and efficiently when it occurs
Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in business administration, hospitality management, marketing, or closely related field. Also required six to twelve months experience in the following areas; supervision, event management.
Room reservation systems experience.
Pre-Employment Background Check
Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. Offers of employment are conditional until a background investigation has been successfully completed and all other pre-employment requirements are satisfied. The University reserves the right to determine and confirm suitability for employment and to end any employment already begun if the background check reveals disqualifying information.
Full-time administrative staff position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Administrative pay grade 353. Full benefits package available. For more information on Administrative pay grades and ranges click HERE .
Submit cover letter w/email address, resume, and contact information of 3 professional references (in one document as one attachment if possible) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or regular mail to:
Office of Human Resources (Search J-62636)
1851 N. Research Drive
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403
Deadline to apply: September 17, 2013
(Credentials must be received by the deadline date. Official transcript(s) will be required of final candidates.)
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. BGSU hires only individuals authorized to work in the United States. For information regarding BGSU’s crime statistics, please visit Public Safety’s web site at www.bgsu.edu/offices/safety.
|Full-time staff members|
are offered many
benefits at BGSU
for a brief description
|Bowling Green was recently named|
one of the best
home towns in Ohio. Details: here
the Bowling Green
the Bowling Green
the city of Bowling
Green’s web site.
To return to all Administrative Staff Vacancies click HERE