Administrative Staff Position
STAFF ACCOUNTANT TREASURY AND FINANCIAL
To visit the Office of the Controller's web site: Click HERE
To apply click, the following e-mail address: email@example.com and attach (as one document if possible), your cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references
This position is responsible for the day to day management, reporting, forecasting and administration of the University's cash accounts under the direction of the Associate Controller in accordance with University policy and intent as well as in close cooperation with the Business Operations Office. This position is responsible for daily sub-ledger and monthly ledger reconciliations, as well as the movement of cash between accounts. Involvement in conjunction with the Bursars Office of credit card merchant responsibilities and compliance with all PCI regulations regarding credit card activity. Additional responsibilities include reconciling other general ledger accounts, year end audit assistance, acting as the system software functional lead for Treasury Operations and other duties within financial accounting.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
• Working in close contact with the Executive Director of Business Operations, forecast, monitor & coordinate the flow of cash activities for the University on a 12 month rolling basis. Accuracy is critical to ensure sufficient cash is on hand to cover daily obligations while still maximizing the return on excess cash held by the institution.
• Initiate & monitor ACH activity, positive pay and wire transfers to and from vendors, financial institutions & other entities.
• Daily reconciliation of the subsidiary ledgers to the daily bank activity reports.
• Manage the transfer of funds between accounts and overnight investment opportunities to both satisfy daily demands and maximize return.
• Assist in managing campus credit card activity, merchant requirements as well as PCI compliance in conjunction with auxiliaries, outside entities and other parties as may arise as well as manage Administrator functions for all bank and investment accounts.
• Review departmental requests for domestic & foreign wires for approvals and completeness as well as policy compliance. Manage foreign financial institution relationships.
• Reconciliations of various G/L accounts and annual audit support.
• Verifications of loan fund (Perkings, Nursing, Schell, etc) deposits & disbursements for accuracy.
• Functional lead for Peoplesoft software regarding the Treasury and Cash Management modules. Includes modeling, testing and configuring the software and testing upgrades as well as patches. Functional lead for all other electronic/software interfaces involving treasury or cash management.
This list of essential duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive. The individual will perform other essential duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Understanding and knowledge of financial institution practices, policies and regulations as well as applicable laws is vital to this position. Knowledge of return calculations and methods used to maintain both liquidity as well as maximize short term returns is critical. A demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy. An understanding of banking products and situations in which they are and are not best suited for.
Bachelors Degree in Accounting or closely related business/finance field required. Also required two to four years experience in Financial Institution relationships at the corporate level; accounting for cash, treasury and related transactions as well as cash forecasting and pro-forma cash flow statement generation and four years of progressive accounting/finance responsibility.
Certified Public Accountant and PeopleSoft experience.
Pre-Employment Background Check
Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. Offers of employment are conditional until a background investigation has been successfully completed and all other pre-employment requirements are satisfied. The University reserves the right to determine and confirm suitability for employment and to end any employment already begun if the background check reveals disqualifying information.
Full-time administrative staff position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Administrative pay grade 353. Full benefits package available. For more information on Administrative pay grades and ranges click HERE .
Submit cover letter w/email address, resume, and contact information of 3 professional references (in one document as one attachment if possible) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or regular mail to:
Office of Human Resources (Search J-62579)
1851 N. Research Drive
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403
Deadline to apply: June 7, 2013
Credentials must be received prior to the deadline date. Official transcript(s) will be required of final candidates.
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. BGSU hires only individuals authorized to work in the United States. For information regarding BGSU’s crime statistics, please visit Public Safety’s web site at www.bgsu.edu/offices/safety.
|Full-time staff members|
are offered many
benefits at BGSU
for a brief description
|Bowling Green was recently named|
one of the best
home towns in Ohio. Details: here
the Bowling Green
the Bowling Green
the city of Bowling
Green’s web site.
To return to all Administrative Staff Vacancies click HERE