Administrative Staff Position Vacancy Announcement
COORDINATOR OF STUDENT & CAMPUS ACTIVITIES – Firelands College
More information about the Student Activities office at BGSU Firelands :CLICK HERE
To apply click the following e-mail address: email@example.com and attach your cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references
This position is responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating cocurricular and extracurricular programs and events at BGSU Firelands.
The Student & Campus Activities position oversees campus clubs and their programming; collaborates with internal departments and external agencies to provide programming, develops and oversees various budget lines, including those of student government; student activities, the BGSU Firelands gymnasium.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develops, plans, and coordinates cocurricular and extracurricular student activities that promote student engagement with the college and university. Solicits and responds to sponsor/co-sponsor initiatives and requests from faculty, administrators, and student clubs/club advisors.
- Coordinates the gymnasium usage, implements policy; hires, trains, and supervises student gymnasium aides; purchases all equipment and supplies for use by the college population and the health and physical education instructors.
- Interviews, hires, trains, and supervises a 9 month permanent part-time staff-member and a student assistant for 20 hours per week during the academic year.
- Provides consultation and support for programs and activities sponsored by administrative and classified staff organizations, faculty, and the Office of the Dean.
- Facilitates training and workshops for student organization leaders.
- Serves on committees and completes special projects as assigned by the Associate Dean and Dean of the college.
- Serves as a resource for other departments and faculty as to paperwork processes, contractual agreements, and facilities requests; and, upon request, assists with planning programs.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Work independently within University procedural guidelines and student and staff rules/regulations
- Organization and Planning skills
- Supervisory skills: hires, trains, supervises student employee and gym aides
- Speaking skills: give presentations
- Leadership skills: work with clubs and officers of clubs in all facets
- Budgeting: forecast and oversee budgets and efficiently process paperwork
- Interpersonal Communication: ability to effectively deal with all of the constituencies of the university: students, faculty, staff, community, vendors, main campus personnel
- Computer skills: word processing, spreadsheets, graphics software
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in College Student Personnel, Higher Education Leadership, Event Planning, or related field preferred. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the university’s vehicle use policy.
Plus the following required experience:
1-2 years of event planning, program planning or related experience.
1-2 years budget management, or related experience.
Pre-Employment Background Check
Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. Offers of employment are conditional until a background investigation has been successfully completed and all other pre-employment requirements are satisfied. The University reserves the right to determine and confirm suitability for employment and to end any employment already begun if the background check reveals disqualifying information.
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative pay grade 354. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
For more information on Administrative pay grades and ranges click HERE
Submit cover letter w/email address, resume, and contact information of 3 professional references (in one document as one attachment if possible) to firstname.lastname@example.org or regular mail to:
Office of the Dean (L-62618)
Bowling Green State University Firelands
One University Drive
Huron, OH 44839
Deadline to apply: August 16, 2013
(Official transcript(s) will be required of final candidates.)
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. BGSU hires only individuals authorized to work in the United States. For information regarding BGSU’s crime statistics, please visit Public Safety’s website at www.bgsu.edu/offices/safety.
Information on Firelands area Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Centers. Details: here
To return to all Administrative Staff Vacancies click HERE