Administrative Staff Position Vacancy Announcement
APPLICATIONS SUPPORT DEVELOPER
Information Technology Services - ITS
To visit the ITS web site click: HERE
To apply click the following e-mail address to attach as one document, in one attachment if possible, your cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references to : firstname.lastname@example.org
The Applications Support Developer creates and modifies computer programs that comprise the various applications supported by Information Technology Services and used throughout the University. A person in this position primarily writes programs but may also test programs, research new features and technologies, revise solution designs with other team members and customers, and share knowledge with fellow team members. The Applications Support Developer also recommends technical solutions and tools to resolve a defined business problem and troubleshoots issues in production systems when reported.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direction a Technical Lead, collaborates to develop computer programs. This involves (in varying proportions depending on the project):
• Writing program code based on provided technical specifications
• Writing technical specifications if not provided
• Refining the design of a solution after discussions with Technical Leads and customers
• Revising technical specifications to reflect design changes and the components of the completed program
• Writing unit test plan if not provided
• Assisting in testing programs in development, documenting test results, and correcting defects found
• Communicating regularly with Technical Lead about project status, current challenges, possible solutions, etc.
• Collaborate with project team and vendors on technical aspects of projects
• Work with project leads for clarification of business needs, following up on results of testing.etc.
• Researches and troubleshoots problems reported about applications in production
• Assists with investigations related to supported applications for possible uses and benefits
• Performs other duties as needed to support department initiatives (training, query writing, interviewing users, presentations, etc.)
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
• Ability to effectively handle multi-task projects and assignments
• Skilled in analyzing, troubleshooting and problem solving
• Ability to learn new skills, techniques and programming languages
• Ability to follow standards and procedures for the organization
• Skilled in effective verbal and written communications
• Understands workings of relational databases; skilled with SQL tools and techniques
Associate's Degree required, preferably in Computer Science or closely related field. Also required two years experience in writing technical specifications and assisting with functional specifications; two years experience writing test documents and revising functional and/or technical specification and three to four years of program development experience.
Experience with PeopleSoft development tools (i.e. Application Designer, PeopleCode, Application Engine).
Pre-Employment Background Check
Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. Offers of employment are conditional until a background investigation has been successfully completed and all other pre-employment requirements are satisfied. The University reserves the right to determine and confirm suitability for employment and to end any employment already begun if the background check reveals disqualifying information.
Full-time, 12 month permanent, administrative staff position available. Administrative pay grade 355. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefits package available.
For more information about Administrative pay grades and ranges please click HERE.
Submit cover letter w/email address, resume, and contact information of 3 professional references (in one document as one attachment if possible) by email to email@example.com or regular mail to the address below.
Office of Human Resources (Search J-62556)
1851 N. Research Drive
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403
Deadline to apply: March 22, 2013
(Credentials must be received by the deadline date. Official transcript(s) will be required of final candidates.)
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. BGSU hires only individuals authorized to work in the United States. For information regarding BGSU’s crime statistics, please visit Public Safety’s website at www.bgsu.edu/offices/safety.
|Full-time staff members are offered many benefits at BGSU for a brief description click: here||Bowling Green was recently named one of the best home towns in Ohio. Details: here||Information from the Bowling Green Visitor and Convention Bureau. Details: here|
Information from the Bowling Green Chamber of Commerce. Details: here
|New resident information from the city of Bowling Green’s web site. Details: here|
To return to all Administrative Staff Vacancies click HERE