Administrative Staff Position Vacancy Announcement
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR (Programming)
Alumni & Development
To visit Alumni's web site: Click Here
To apply click the following e-mail address: email@example.com and attach (as one document if possible), your cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references
This position provides the external relations component to alumni and development through: working with the alumni society program, training and recruiting volunteers, recognizing the accomplishments of our alumni and directing all aspects of Homecoming through reunion programming and working with donors and friends to cultivate and solicit funds for the University.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Oversee all Alumni Association activities and events for BGSU's annual Homecoming including: 40th and 50th Reunions, Homecoming Headquarters, President’s Club Luncheon, Board Partners Day, Freddie and Frieda 5K, B!G Family BBQ and any other events produced for the weekend. Co-Chair the University-Wide Homecoming Steering committee.
- Direct the alumni society program through the recruitment and establishment of new societies; developing programming and scholarships, manage communication via Facebook and LinkedIn, attend meetings and execute reunions throughout the calendar year.
- Coordinate and direct all aspects of the Academy of Distinguished Alumni Awards program including, nomination and application process, communication with recipients and planning the annual dinner.
- Advance relationships with assigned prospects and current donors through fundraising, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship which results in generating revenue for the University.
- Serve as liaison to the Awards Committee within the Alumni Board of Directors; actively solicit nominations for the various alumni association awards and create programming to recognize the recipients.
- Perform other such duties as assigned by the VP of University Advancement and the Director of Alumni Affairs.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Be detailed oriented
- The ability to effectively communicate in both oral and written form
- Be able to comfortably interact with a variety of people
- Computer experience
- Be highly motivated and independent
- Be a tireless worker with abounding enthusiasm
- Possess strong organizational skills
- Be able to delegate effectively
Bachelor’s Degree required. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the university’s vehicle use policy.
Plus the following required experience:
• 2 years event planning and project management experience
• 2 years supervisory/management experience.
Pre-Employment Background Check
Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. Offers of employment are conditional until a background investigation has been successfully completed and all other pre-employment requirements are satisfied. The University reserves the right to determine and confirm suitability for employment and to end any employment already begun if the background check reveals disqualifying information.
Full-time administrative staff position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Administrative pay grade 355. Full benefits package available. For more information on Administrative pay grades and ranges click HERE .
Submit cover letter w/email address, resume, and contact information of 3 professional references (in one document as one attachment if possible) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or regular mail to:
Office of Human Resources (Search L-62564)
1851 N. Research Drive
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403
Deadline to apply: April 19, 2013
Credentials must be received on or before the deadline date. Official transcript(s) will be required of final candidates.
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. BGSU hires only individuals authorized to work in the United States. For information regarding BGSU’s crime statistics, please visit Public Safety’s website at www.bgsu.edu/offices/safety.
|Full-time staff members are offered many benefits at BGSU for a brief description click: here||Bowling Green was recently named one of the best home towns in Ohio. Details: here||Information from the Bowling Green Visitor and Convention Bureau. Details: here|
Information from the Bowling Green Chamber of Commerce. Details: here
|New resident information from the city of Bowling Green’s web site. Details: here|
To return to all Administrative Staff Vacancies click HERE