Administrative Staff Position Vacancy Announcement
Registration and Records
To visit the Registration and Records web site: CLICK HERE
To apply click, the following e-mail address: email@example.com and attach (as one document if possible), your cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references
Responsible for the preparation and distribution of ad hoc and production data/reports for and from the Office of Registration and Records.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinates responses to requests for data/reports, both ad hoc and of a production nature, using various query tools
- Participates in the testing and evaluation of new patches, bundles and features of the University’s student information system
- Represents Registration and Records at various student records data meetings across campus
- Performs additional duties as assigned
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills to effectively and concisely communicate with internal and external customers, including written and oral presentation skills
- Knowledge and experience in report gathering programs - e.g. Crystal, Cognos, query tools
- Effective time management and organizational skills to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Higher Education/Public sector experience preferred
- Knowledge of technical and procedural interrelationships among various University offices
Associate's Degree required preferably in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration or other relevant fields.
Plus the following required experience:
• 1 year experience with complex database structures
• 1 year experience with relational database systems
• 1 year experience with report generating programming tools
Pre-Employment Background Check
Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. Offers of employment are conditional until a background investigation has been successfully completed and all other pre-employment requirements are satisfied. The University reserves the right to determine and confirm suitability for employment and to end any employment already begun if the background check reveals disqualifying information.
Full-time administrative staff position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Administrative pay grade 352. Full benefits package available. For more information on Administrative pay grades and ranges click HERE .
Submit cover letter w/email address, resume, and contact information of 3 professional references (in one document as one attachment if possible) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or regular mail to:
Office of Human Resources (Search L-62560)
1851 N. Research Drive
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403
Deadline to apply: April 19, 2013
Credentials must be received on or before the deadline date. Official transcript(s) will be required of final candidates.
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. BGSU hires only individuals authorized to work in the United States. For information regarding BGSU’s crime statistics, please visit Public Safety’s website at www.bgsu.edu/offices/safety.
|Full-time staff members are offered many benefits at BGSU for a brief description click: here||Bowling Green was recently named one of the best home towns in Ohio. Details: here||Information from the Bowling Green Visitor and Convention Bureau. Details: here|
Information from the Bowling Green Chamber of Commerce. Details: here
|New resident information from the city of Bowling Green’s web site. Details: here|
To return to all Administrative Staff Vacancies click HERE