Administrative Staff Position Vacancy Announcement
Technology Support Specialist
Information Technology Services - ITS
To visit the ITS web site: Click HERE
To apply, click the following e-mail address: email@example.com and attach (as one document if possible), your cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references
Provide campus-wide support for technology issues, including upgrades, installations, hardware and software troubleshooting. Supervised directly by the Desktop Support Services Manager, and works with Technology Support Center staff, department chairs, administrative contacts, and all ITS staff and student employees. Contributes to special projects undertaken by ITS. Works on a regular basis with department heads and administrative units to provide support for specialized IT needs. Escalates extended problems through proper channels, keeping management informed as directed.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
• Provides technical support for computer systems deployed across campus. Responds to problems reported to the Technology Support Center, as delegated by supervisor, or as indicated by department chairs and administrative contacts. Performs hardware and software testing, troubleshooting, repairs, installations, network configurations, upgrades and replacements. Completes detailed records on each task, and maintains required communication on progress.
• Supervise student employees in day-to-day technical support of computer systems and printers. Provide on-going training to student employees in dealing with computer support issues.
• Participates in placement of new or replacement computer systems, printers or other peripheral devices and helps to maintain inventory for all deployed computer equipment
• Publishes, creates and revises documentation and training programs as relevant.
• Maintains security practices and procedures for the protection, security, and privacy of all computer systems deployed on campus.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
• Competency in the support of desktop operating systems (MacOS, Windows XP and Vista).
• Competency in the support of application software (Both Macintosh and Windows).
• Competency in the support of computer hardware (Both Macintosh and PC).
• Competency in computer networking configuration and troubleshooting.
• Knowledge in any Symantec solutions desirable.
• Knowledge of printer installation and maintenance.
• Outstanding customer service skills.
• Solid communication skills.
• Strong documentation and writing skills.
• Knowledge in MS Exchange desirable
• Knowledge in various Mobile operating systems (Windows Mobile, Blackberry, etc.) desirable.
A Bachelor's or Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or other closely related field required. Also required two years hardware support and maintenance experience, two years software operating system support experience, two years software application installation and troubleshooting experience, two years cross platform support experience, one year computer networking support experience, one year printer installation and maintenance experience.
Pre-Employment Background Check
Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. Offers of employment are conditional until a background investigation has been successfully completed and all other pre-employment requirements are satisfied. The University reserves the right to determine and confirm suitability for employment and to end any employment already begun if the background check reveals disqualifying information.
Two full-time, Administrative staff positions available. Administrative pay grade I52/353. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
For more information on Administrative pay grades and ranges click HERE
Submit cover letter w/email address, resume, and contact information of 3 professional references (in one document as one attachment if possible) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or regular mail to:
Office of Human Resources (Search J-62583)
1851 N. Research Drive, Room 106
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403-0201
Deadline to apply: May 31, 2013
Credential must be received prior to the deadline date. Official transcript(s) will be required of final candidates.Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. BGSU hires only individuals authorized to work in the United States. For information regarding BGSU’s crime statistics, please visit Public Safety’s website at www.bgsu.edu/offices/safety.
|Full-time staff members are offered many benefits at BGSU for a brief description click: here||Bowling Green was recently named one of the best home towns in Ohio. Details: here||Information from the Bowling Green Visitor and Convention Bureau. Details: here|
Information from the Bowling Green Chamber of Commerce. Details: here
|New resident information from the city of Bowling Green’s web site. Details: here|
To return to all Administrative Staff Vacancies click HERE