Administrative Staff Position Vacancy Announcement
Bowling Green State University
DIRECTOR of INTERCOLLEGIATE ATHLETICS
Bowling Green State University (BGSU), located in Bowling Green, Ohio, invites nominations and applications for the position of Director of Intercollegiate Athletics.
In seeking to identify the new director, BGSU is searching for an individual who is committed to team success and to academic excellence for student-athletes and is passionate about the role intercollegiate athletics plays in higher education. BGSU seeks an individual with the vision, energy, and expertise to lead the athletic program to higher levels of national achievement and recognition.
ABOUT BGSU: Established in 1910, Bowling Green State University, is a comprehensive university organized into seven academic colleges with more than 19,000 students from all 50 states and 70 countries on two campuses. The main campus is located on a beautiful 1,300-acre site, 23 miles south of Toledo. The Firelands campus is located in Huron, Ohio.
With more than 800 faculty, the University offers more than 200 undergraduate majors and programs, 47 master’s degree programs, 17 doctoral degree programs, and another 25 programs online. BGSU has an annual budget of more than $400 million, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Additional information about the University is available at www.bgsu.edu
BGSU ATHLETICS: BGSU sponsors 18 NCAA Division I varsity sports programs and is a member of the Mid-American Conference and the Western Collegiate Hockey Association. Over 450 student-athletes participate on Falcon athletics teams. In 2012, BGSU student-athletes earned an average GPA of 3.1 and a graduation success rate of 82 percent.
Additional information about Falcon athletics is available at www.bgsufalcons.com
POSITION SUMMARY: The Director of Intercollegiate Athletics has direct responsibility for the University’s NCAA Division I Intercollegiate Athletics Program and manages the Stroh Center and the BGSU Ice Arena. The Director supervises a staff of approximately 135 and manages an annual budget of $22.1 million. The position reports directly to the President of the University and is a member of the President’s Cabinet.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
- Five years of senior-level management experience in intercollegiate athletics or a related field, preferably in higher education athletics administration and at the NCAA Division I level;
- A Bachelors degree is required; a post graduate degree(s) is preferred;
- A successful record of management and a high degree of knowledge of NCAA Division I athletics programs
- A demonstrated understanding of and commitment to compliance with NCAA regulations;
- Demonstrated success and mastery in managing a sizable budget;
- Evidence of successfully generating revenues for a complex organization;
- An understanding of and a commitment to raising private support from donors and from corporations and foundations;
- An established record of achievement in the areas of marketing and promotions;
- A successful record of long-range financial planning in a complex organization; and,
- A successful record of and commitment to promoting diversity
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and education. Position includes full University benefits.
APPLICATIONS: The position will remain open until filled; but, for best consideration, applicants are encouraged to submit a letter of application and resume electronically to: BGSUAD@collegiatesportsassociates.com by May 20, 2013. No hard copy applications will be accepted. Nominations for the position and questions concerning the job requirements or hiring process should be directed to: BGSUAD@collegiatesportsassociates.com.
All nominations and applications shall be confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. BGSU hires only individuals authorized to work in the United States. For information regarding BGSU’s crime statistics, please visit Public Safety’s web site at www.bgsu.edu/offices/safety.
|Full-time staff members|
are offered many
benefits at BGSU for
a brief description
|Bowling Green was|
recently named one
of the best home
towns in Ohio.
the Bowling Green
the Bowling Green Chamber of
the city of Bowling
Green’s web site.
To return to all Administrative Staff Vacancies click HERE