Administrative Staff Position Vacancy Announcement
Career Center - Enrollment Management
For more information about the Career Center: CLICK HERE
To attach your cover letter, contact information for three professional references and resume (as one document, in one attachment if possible) and apply click here: email@example.com
The Employer Developer will create and implement an employer relations plan and strategies to meet the needs of the BGSU Ohio Means Internships and Co-ops grant. This individual will cultivate relationships with new employers in the JobsOhio industries aligning with the grant through personal contacts, site visits, job & internship fairs, chambers of commerce interactions, industry and professional associations, etc. This individual will track student and employer metrics (e.g., internships completed, business partners, hours interned, wages earned, etc.) and facilitate assessment initiatives. This position is grant funded until December 31, 2013.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
RELATIONSHIP CULTIVATION & EMPLOYER RELATIONS
• Identify and implement employer relations plan and strategies aligning with University, Career Center, Colleges, and State’s needs. Establish and cultivate relationships with targeted employers and organizations through site visits, job fairs, chambers of commerce interactions, industry and professional associations, etc. Maintain and document positive relationships with regional and local employers. Enhance current relationships with employers to expand the number and nature of co-ops, internships, and career positions.
• Conduct site visits to maintain relationships and expand co-op, internship, and other experiential learning opportunities and full-time hires. Work with companies/organizations to create internship and employment opportunities for students and recent graduates.
• Identify and develop relationships with local and regional organizations that historically have had little or no interaction with the University or experience with hiring college interns and recent graduates. Seek to connect these entities with the appropriate resources and personnel at the Career Center and the University to develop co-ops, internships, and full-time hires.
• Assist with coordination of networking efforts between faculty and the business community. Work collaboratively with University personnel and serve as a liaison in matters related to the internship and co-op opportunities for students. Maintain a working knowledge of local and regional employment market trends and their potential impact on the hiring of college students and graduates.
ASSESSMENT & TRACKING
• Collect, track, and manage student intern/co-op and employer data for the BGSU Ohio Means Internships and Co-ops grant from students, employers, and University affiliated offices via registration forms, electronic evaluations, and follow-up communications. Format data to meet reporting needs and communicate findings to appropriate constituents.
UNIVERSITY & CAREER CENTER SUPPORT
• Support University and Career Center initiatives. Collaborate with staff on Career Center projects and events. Monitor the outcomes of student employee projects related to targeted employer development initiatives. Develop ongoing marketing strategies to bring greater visibility for the University with local and regional employers; enhance University engagement opportunities.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
• Employment laws (e.g., AA/EEO, Fair Labor Standards) and related Higher Education laws (e.g., FERPA)
• Recruiting strategies/approaches
• Learning outcomes assessment and program evaluation
• Organizational structures
• Market research and employment trends
• Marketing and public relations, includes Internet-based and traditional channels
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong professional communication, presentation, and public speaking skills
• Excellent written communication skills
• Ability to keep accurate and detailed records, follow up correspondence, track contacts and meetings
• Proven customer service and relationship-building skills
• Commitment to fostering an atmosphere of inclusion and to working with diverse populations
Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in: Management, Training & Development, Business, Communication, Marketing, Human Resource Management, Psychology, or related field. Also required one to two years experience in personnel recruiting or job placement. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the university’s vehicle use policy.
Three or more years experience in personnel recruiting or job placement and experience recruiting in a higher education environment.
Pre-Employment Background Check
Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. Offers of employment are conditional until a background investigation has been successfully completed and all other pre-employment requirements are satisfied. The University reserves the right to determine and confirm suitability for employment and to end any employment already begun if the background check reveals disqualifying information.
This position is grant funded until December 31, 2013 and is a Full-time, Administrative staff position.. Administrative pay grade 354. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
For more information about Administrative pay grades and ranges please click HERE
Submit cover letter w/email address, resume, and contact information of 3 professional references (in one document as one attachment if possible) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or regular mail to:
Office of Human Resources (Search J-62549)
1851 N. Research Drive
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403-0201
Deadline to apply: April 12, 2013
(Credentials must be received in the Office of Human Resources on or before the deadline date. Official transcript(s) will be required of final candidates.)
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. BGSU hires only individuals authorized to work in the United States. For information regarding BGSU’s crime statistics, please visit Public Safety’s web site at www.bgsu.edu/offices/safety.
|Full-time staff members|
are offered many
benefits at BGSU for
a brief description
|Bowling Green was|
recently named one
of the best home
towns in Ohio.
the Bowling Green
the Bowling Green Chamber of
the city of Bowling
Green’s web site.
To return to all Administrative Staff Vacancies click HERE