Administrative Staff Position
Office of Admissions
More information about the Office of Admissions: CLICK HERE
To apply click, the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org and attach (as one document if possible), your cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references
To recruit prospective students to Bowling Green State University. Visits high schools and participates in college nights/fairs as assigned. Conducts presentations and personal interviews with prospective students. Participates in on-campus visitation programming. Reviews applications for admissions. Responds by mail, e-mail, phone, etc. to prospective student questions. This is a 2-year term full-time administrative staff position.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
• As assigned by the Director of Admissions, special project emphasis in one of the following areas: multicultural recruitment, out-of-state recruitment, general outreach, admissions events, etc.
• Secondary School Visits - Visit Secondary schools and discuss Bowling Green State University with prospective students and secondary school personnel.
• College Day/Nights, Career Programs, and College Fairs - Represent Bowling Green State University at special programs sponsored by secondary high schools; public and service organizations; and churches.
• Interviewing and Counseling - Discuss Bowling Green State University and admission requirements with prospective students, parents, and visitors who visit the office seeking information.
• Admission Decisions - Review admission credentials (Application for Admission, secondary school transcript, SAT/ACT test results, and collegiate transcripts, if applicable) to determine eligibility for admission to Bowling Green State University.
• Evaluate Recruitment Activities - Assist in periodic written reports and one annual report describing and evaluating Office of Admissions recruitment activities.
• Additional Duties - As assigned by the Associate Director of Admissions.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
• Must be at student oriented.
• Must feel comfortable speaking with students/family.
• Must be able to give presentations to small and large groups of people.
• Willingness to travel weeks at a time.
• Excellent communication skills
Bachelor’s Degree required. Also required one year experience including time as a student employee or tour guide preferably in the admissions area. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the university’s vehicle use policy.
Experience in higher education outreach, recruitment or public relations. Familiarity with BGSU.
Pre-Employment Background Check
Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. Offers of employment are conditional until a background investigation has been successfully completed and all other pre-employment requirements are satisfied. The University reserves the right to determine and confirm suitability for employment and to end any employment already begun if the background check reveals disqualifying information.
Multiple, 2-year term, full-time, Administrative staff positions available. Administrative pay grade 352. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
For more information on Administrative pay grades and ranges click HERE
Submit cover letter w/email address, resume, and contact information of 3 professional references (in one document as one attachment if possible) by email to email@example.com or regular mail to:
Office of Human Resources (Search J-62572)
1851 N. Research Drive, Room 106
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403-0201
Deadline to apply: May 17, 2013
Credential must be received prior to the deadline date. Official transcript(s) will be required of final candidates.
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. BGSU hires only individuals authorized to work in the United States. For information regarding BGSU’s crime statistics, please visit Public Safety’s web site at www.bgsu.edu/offices/safety.
|Full-time staff members|
are offered many
benefits at BGSU
for a brief description
|Bowling Green was recently named|
one of the best
home towns in Ohio. Details: here
the Bowling Green
the Bowling Green
the city of Bowling
Green’s web site.
To return to all Administrative Staff Vacancies click HERE