Administrative Staff Position
Manager, Payroll Accounting
More information about Payroll: Click HERE
To apply click, the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org and attach (as one document if possible), your cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references
Manages and directs all aspects of the University’s complex payroll operations for over 7,500 employees (approximately 3,000 Faculty and Staff, and 4,500 Students). This position is responsible for the design, set up, and functionality of the payroll software systems: PeopleSoft HCM, and Kronos time-recording system; and the integration and interfaces between the payroll system and the FMS financial and the CSS student software system.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
• Supervise and direct all functions and activities of the Payroll Office to meet the deadlines set by pay dates and tax regulations.
• Accountable for the functional design and configuration of the PeopleSoft HCM system processes. Requires knowledge of the integrated design of PeopleSoft software modules
• Trouble shooting system process error messages through to resolution. Requires a thorough understanding of each component of the systems that hiring, paying, and reporting for an employee entails
• Acts as Functional Lead for Payroll in campus-wide implementation of administrative systems for Human Resources/Payroll, Finance, Student Services. Consults on integration issues and system set ups that impact payroll processing and regulations
• Oversee and run system processes for monthly, summer school, and supplemental payrolls
• Review accounting lines for general ledger and voucher data for taxes, benefits, and deductions for accounts payable processing in FMS
• Draft fiscal year and calendar year payroll master schedules for Human Resources, Student Employment, Graduate College, and Department Offices to meet processing deadlines
• Review budget changes on contract addendum for quantifying retro-distributions and implementing future allocations for remainder of contract.
• Serve on various University committees relate to Payroll, Compensation, Human Resource Issues, Policy initiatives, Institutional reporting and other related committees.
• Maintain tax knowledge and education of regulations at the federal, state, and local government levels that impact payroll and the University. Research tax issues affecting employees. Schedule fiscal year end table conversions, and set ups for expense, budgeting, and encumbrance purposes for next year
• File payroll labor reports with the U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Workers Compensation, and Ohio Department of Family and Job Services
• Assist Financial Accounting staff with data needed for HEI reporting and other regulatory agencies
• Responsible for retirement withholding and reporting regulations for the State Teachers Retirement System, Ohio Public Employees Retirement System, and the Alternative Retirement Plans.
• Address payroll budget inquiries from Grants Accounting, Budget Managers, or Departments. Review accounting detail in FMS and payroll detail in the HCM system, proposing any corrections for payroll or adjusting journal entries in FMS.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
• Demonstrate understanding of Federal, State and multiple Local tax codes and regulations regarding employee income taxes, tax withholding, filing and reporting deadlines.
• Knowledge of withholding and reporting requirements for the State Teachers Retirement System, Ohio Public Employees Retirement System and Alternative Retirement Plans.
• Functional and technical knowledge of a payroll/human resources software system and integration to financial and other related systems.
• Knowledge of non-resident alien tax withholding and reporting regulations, ability to research US income tax treaties with other countries concerning tax exemption and tax status issues.
• Solid working knowledge of accounting, budgeting and accounts payable.
• Ability to orchestrate multiple activities simultaneously through to completion.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external University stakeholders as well as Controller’s office staff.
• Ability to lead, guide, direct and develop departmental staff.
• Ability to communicate well; verbal or written, presentation, etc.
• Ability to identify problems, develop solutions, and implement change.
• Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service
• Advanced knowledge and experience with spreadsheets (e.g. Excel)
• General knowledge of personal computing (e-mail, internet)
• Knowledge of Public higher education or similar non-profit.
Bachelor’s Degree required preferably in Accounting, Business or related field. Also required five years’ payroll experience and two years’ experience in the following areas; payroll tax compliance, pension plan reporting and supervision.
Pre-Employment Background Check
Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. Offers of employment are conditional until a background investigation has been successfully completed and all other pre-employment requirements are satisfied. The University reserves the right to determine and confirm suitability for employment and to end any employment already begun if the background check reveals disqualifying information.
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative pay grade 358. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
For more information on Administrative pay grades and ranges click HERE
Submit cover letter w/email address, resume, and contact information of 3 professional references (in one document as one attachment if possible) by email to email@example.com or regular mail to:
Office of Human Resources (Search J-62599)
1851 N. Research Drive, Room 106
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403-0201
Deadline to apply: June 28, 2013
Credential must be received prior to the deadline date. Official transcript(s) will be required of final candidates.
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. BGSU hires only individuals authorized to work in the United States. For information regarding BGSU’s crime statistics, please visit Public Safety’s web site at www.bgsu.edu/offices/safety.
|Full-time staff members|
are offered many
benefits at BGSU
for a brief description
|Bowling Green was recently named|
one of the best
home towns in Ohio. Details: here
the Bowling Green
the Bowling Green
the city of Bowling
Green’s web site.
To return to all Administrative Staff Vacancies click HERE