Administrative Staff Position Vacancy Announcement
Academic & Student Services - Firelands College
More information about Firelands College: CLICK HERE
To attach your cover letter, contact information for three professional references and resume and apply click here: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is a full-time and a member of a team of professional advisers whose primary purpose is to provide academic advising and other support services for all BGSU Firelands students. This position will work closely with the Manager of Academic Advising, Program Directors of assigned degree programs, and Academic and Student Services support staff to provide comprehensive advising services.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Conduct individual and small group advising sessions with students from various majors (both Associates and Bachelors programs). Handle "walk-in" advising issues and college-related problems; see other advisors’ students when they are not available.
- Assist with planning and implementation of New and Transfer Student Orientation programs and transfer meetings.
- Act as a resource person for other advisors and BGSU Firelands staff.
- Attend meetings on both campuses as a representative of academic and student services; serve as a liaison to main campus advising offices; help resolve issues between main campus and Firelands College.
- Provide back up for manager as needed and other duties assigned.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of university policy, procedure and degree programs (especially those offered at Firelands College)*
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including effective presentation skills
- Ability to function as part of a team in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Extensive understanding of and familiarity with university and community support services in order to make effective student referrals*
- Knowledge of computer applications, including but not limited to CSS, Microsoft Office, BG web portal and registration system*
*May be acquired after hire
Bachelor's degree required. Master's Degree in College Student Personnel or related field preferred.
Plus the following required experience:
• 1 full year of advising experience in the post-secondary context is required, must go through one complete cycle of yearly activities.
Pre-Employment Background Check
Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. Offers of employment are conditional until a background investigation has been successfully completed and all other pre-employment requirements are satisfied. The University reserves the right to determine and confirm suitability for employment and to end any employment already begun if the background check reveals disqualifying information.
Full-time administrative staff position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Administrative pay grade 354. Full benefits package available. Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
For more information about Administrative pay grades and ranges please click HERE
Submit cover letter w/email address, resume, and contact information of three professional references by email to email@example.com or regular mail to:
Office of the Dean (L-62570)
Bowling Green State University Firelands
One University Drive
Huron, OH 44839
Deadline to apply: May 3, 2013
Credentials must be received on or before the deadline date. Final candidates will be required to provide official transcript(s).
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. BGSU hires only individuals authorized to work in the United States. For information regarding BGSU’s crime statistics, please visit Public Safety’s website at www.bgsu.edu/offices/safety.
Information on Firelands area Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Centers. Details: here
To return to all Administrative Staff Vacancies click HERE