Administrative Staff Position Vacancy Announcement
ASSISTANT CHEER COACH
Office of the Dean Of Students - Student Affairs
More information on the Office of the Dean of Students: Click HERE
To attach your cover letter, contact information for three professional
references and resume (as one document, in one attachment if possible) and apply click here: email@example.com
The Assistant Cheer Coach is responsible for providing assistance to the Coordinator of Spirit Programs/Head Coach as it relates to recruitment, administration, instruction and training of the cheerleading team, which will perform at BGSU football and basketball games, competitions, campus and community events throughout the year. This is a part-time position.
Work hours 17 per week (.426500 fte) not to exceed 24 hours per week. Please note BGSU will no longer allow employees to hold more than one part-time job at a time.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
• Assist the Coordinator of Spirit Programs/Head Coach in all phases of the BGSU Cheer program including but not limited to, recruiting the best possible student athletes, organizing practices and games, scheduling, supervision of academic progress, public relations, and compliance with University and American Association of Cheerleading Coaches and Administrators (AACCA) rules.
• Organize, implement and conduct practice, training, and workout procedures for the development and improvement of individual and team skills based on the AACCA regulations.
• Maintain appropriate records; prepare monitoring reports documenting practice activities and skills progression.
• Organize and plan progressive cheer practices and performances.
• Foster student success by maintaining contact with student services, individual faculty members and athletes to insure academic progress and reasonable graduation rates.
• Develop and maintain of a code of discipline and behavior in agreement with the Coordinator of Spirit Programs/Head Coach. This includes informing student participants of their rights and responsibilities related to continued participation in the cheerleading program and in the classroom.
• Engage in fund raising activities.
• Prepare and instruct program participants for the Nationals routine in years where the team received a Nationals bid.
This list of essential duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive. The individual will perform other essential duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of cheerleading skills, gymnastics, tumbling, co-ed stunting, and all-female stunting in a collegiate environment
• Ability to work effectively and establish and maintain relationships with students, parents, alumni, faculty, staff, athletes, coaches, administration, and others
• Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
• Knowledge of AACCA rules and regulations (American Association of Cheerleading Coaches and Administrators)
• Experience in public relations and fundraising
• Evidence of strong interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
• Evidence of organizational skills, including the ability to organize tasks, set and accomplish priorities and goals, and evaluate continuous progress toward goals
• Aptitude in directing activities of others and large groups to accomplish a goal
• Ability to demonstrate and clearly explain cheer skills to student athletes
• Evidence of strong administrative and management skills
• Ability to troubleshoot complex situations and issues
• Ability to work successfully with diverse campus populations
• Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends
• Ability to function successfully in a fast-paced, often changing environment
Bachelor’s Degree required. Also required one to two years’ experience in the following areas; cheerleading coaching, working with students and working with parents. AACCA Certification (American Association of Cheerleading Coaches and Administrators) – must have before start of employment and must be renewed every two years. CPR and First Aid Certification – must be renewed every two years. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the University’s vehicle use policy.
Knowledge of cheerleading skills, gymnastics, tumbling, co-ed stunting and all-girl stunting in a collegiate environment
Pre-Employment Background Check
Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. Offers of employment are conditional until a background investigation has been successfully completed and all other pre-employment requirements are satisfied. The University reserves the right to determine and confirm suitability for employment and to end any employment already begun if the background check reveals disqualifying information.
Part-time, Administrative staff position available. Work hours 17 per week (.426500 fte) not to exceed 24 hours per week. Please note BGSU will no longer allow employees to hold more than one part-time job at a time. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Limited benefits package available which includes retirement, workers compensation, unemployment coverage and Medicare. However no insurance benefits are available.
Submit cover letter w/email address, resume, and contact information of 3 professional references (in one document as one attachment if possible) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or regular mail to:
Office of Human Resources (Search J-62588)
1851 N. Research Drive
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403
Deadline to apply: June 14, 2013
Credentials must be received prior to the deadline date. Official transcript(s) will be required of final candidates.
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. BGSU hires only individuals authorized to work in the United States. For information regarding BGSU’s crime statistics, please visit Public Safety’s website at www.bgsu.edu/offices/safety.
|Full-time staff members are offered many benefits at BGSU for a brief description click: here||Bowling Green was recently named one of the best home towns in Ohio. Details: here||Information from the Bowling Green Visitor|
and Convention Bureau. Details: here
Information from the Bowling Green Chamber of Commerce. Details: here
|New resident information from the city of Bowling Green’s web site. Details: here|
To return to all Administrative Staff Vacancies click HERE