Administrative Staff Position Vacancy Announcement
POST MASTERS CLINICAL FELLOW
Counseling Center - Student Affairs
More information about the Counseling Center: Click HERE
To attach your cover letter, contact information for three professional
references and resume (as one document, in one attachment if possible) and apply click here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Post-Masters Clinical Fellows provide counseling and mental health services to students enrolled at BGSU, as well as consultation with faculty, staff, families, and others who may be concerned about students. Services may include individual, group, and couples counseling; crisis intervention; consultation; outreach and psychoeducation; referral; and liaison activities. Fellows also provide training and supervision for mental health trainees who are providing services at the Counseling Center. This is a position is funded through June 30, 2014.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
• Provide counseling for individuals, groups, and/or couples
• Provide on-call (crisis) and walk-in services
• Engage in clinical consultation with students
Outreach, consultation, and liaison services
• Engage in third-party consultation with faculty, staff, families, students, and others about mental health concerns impacting students
• Facilitate and/or coordinate outreach and psychoeducational programming
• Perform liaison activities – work collaboratively with staff in offices outside the Counseling Center to identify student needs and develop, provide, and/or coordinate mental health services to meet those needs. May be assigned to specific functional areas.
Supervision and training
• Provide training/clinical supervision for Counseling Center trainees, who are enrolled in graduate programs in mental health fields and are providing counseling services to students
• Facilitate training seminars and programs for Counseling Center trainees.
Administration and support
• Coordinate or oversee various activities and/or functions in the Center (e.g., group services, outreach programming, training experiences, electronic record-keeping systems)
• Complete documentation and case management
• Provide service to the Counseling Center, Division of Student Affairs, and University by participating in committee work
• Engage in professional development activities
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
• Strong clinical skills.
• Knowledge of ethics/laws pertaining to the provision of mental health care in the State of Ohio.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and consult as needed.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
Master’s Degree in Mental Health Counseling or Social Work required. Also required completion of pre Master clinical internship. Internship completed at a college/university counseling center preferred. Successful candidate must also be eligible for appropriate licensure as a mental health provider in the state of Ohio
Pre-Employment Background Check
Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. Offers of employment are conditional until a background investigation has been successfully completed and all other pre-employment requirements are satisfied. The University reserves the right to determine and confirm suitability for employment and to end any employment already begun if the background check reveals disqualifying information.
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative pay grade 354. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. This is a position is funded through June 30, 2014. Full benefit package available. For more information on Administrative pay grades and ranges click HERE
Submit cover letter w/email address, resume, and contact information of 3 professional references (in one document as one attachment if possible) by email to email@example.com or regular mail to:
Office of Human Resources (Search J-62616)
1851 N. Research Drive
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403
Deadline to apply: August 30, 2013
Credentials must be received prior to the deadline date. Official transcript(s) will be required of final candidates.
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. BGSU hires only individuals authorized to work in the United States. For information regarding BGSU’s crime statistics, please visit Public Safety’s website at www.bgsu.edu/offices/safety.
|Full-time staff members are offered many benefits at BGSU for a brief description click: here||Bowling Green was recently named one of the best home towns in Ohio. Details: here||Information from the Bowling Green Visitor|
and Convention Bureau. Details: here
Information from the Bowling Green Chamber of Commerce. Details: here
|New resident information from the city of Bowling Green’s web site. Details: here|
To return to all Administrative Staff Vacancies click HERE