Temporary Staffing Hiring Info & Forms
|HR Home | Equity and Diversity | Payroll Office | Employment | Compensation | Benefits | Training | Resources | Forms | Contact Us | Site Map|
Temporary Staffing Hiring Information & Forms
A Request for Temporary Staffing form must be completed in order to fill temporary positions. An outside temporary agency, Supplemental Staffing, is used to fill these positions.
Processing a Request
1. External/Grant funding must be secured. If not external/grant funded, then Presidential approval must be received.
2. Fax the Request for Temporary Staffing form to Supplemental Staffing at 419-353-9701.
3. Supplemental Staffing will contact the hiring department to discuss bill rates, location of work site and job expectations.
4. Timesheets will be completed by the temporary employee and signed by the supervisor.
5. An invoice indicating the bill rate will be sent to the hiring department.
6. It is the responsibility of the Hiring Department to procure vehicle registration/permits to enable temporary employees to park on-campus. The Hiring Department will incur the cost of parking.
7. Those that may not be hired for temporary positions:
• BGSU students
• Employees that left the university through the Early Separation Program (ESP)
• Employees in a laid off status
Temporary: an employee whose regular hours of work do not exceed 40 hours per week for a limited or period of time not to exceed one academic term, or 119 consecutive days, whichever is greater.
Full-time: an employee whose regular hours of work total 40 hours a week.
Part-time: an employee whose regular hours of work do not exceed 24 hours per week.
On-call/Intermittent: an employee who works an irregular schedule as needed or during peak periods during the year and whose hours do not exceed 20 during week worked. Total hours cannot exceed 1000 in a calendar year.
An individual hired from a temporary agency is not considered an employee of Bowling Green State University. They are an employee of the agency. These individuals are considered public applicants for position recruitment purposes.
When completing a description for a temporary employee, be as specific as possible. List duties to be performed and any special equipment or knowledge required for the position. List specific computer software programs used. This will enable the temporary agency to get the best match of employee to department.
|Office of Human Resources|
|1851 N. Research Drive|
|(419) 372-8421 | Fax: (419) 372-2920|