Administrative Staff Position Vacancy Announcement
ALCOHOL AND OTHER DRUG PREVENTION SPECIALIST
Counseling Center - Student Affairs
For more information about the Counseling Center web site click: HERE
To apply click the following e-mail address to attach as one document, in one attachment if possible, your cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references to : email@example.com
As a member of the Counseling Center clinical staff, this position provides the University with comprehensive alcohol and other drug prevention and early intervention services. These services include mental health consultation and assessment, outreach, coordination of services and education on related topics for BGSU and the community. This position may also provide general mental health services to students, respond to mental health related crises, and provide occasional after-hours crisis consultation to the University. The Alcohol and Other Drug Prevention Specialist is also an active participant in the Center’s mental health and psychology training programs.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
• Intervention services: Student screening and assessments, recommendations, education, support and counseling. Crisis management and after-hours consultation. Documentation of services.
• Case Management: Staffing, letters and coordination of service from referral sources such as BG probation, Dean of Students, Residence Life staff, Athletics and other referral sources.
• Community building and committee work: Serve on the University’s Drug, Alcohol and Sexual Offenses coalition, and the Wood County Prevention Coalition, networking with other offices on campus and with other campuses, professionals and community offices.
• Prevention services: Outreach and education which includes programs for student classes and presentations for faculty, staff and community on a variety of related topics.
• Coordination of Counseling Center AOD Services: Provide oversight of AOD classes, supervise graduate assistant, and consult with other clinical staff regarding AOD concerns.
• Provide educational seminars on topics related to alcohol and drug prevention to Counseling Center staff and trainees.
This list of essential duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive. The individual will perform other essential duties as assigned.
Master’s degree in social work, counseling or related field required. Also required two years experience in alcohol and other drug assessment, education and counseling as well as experience in the provision of mental health services. Eligible for licensure in the State of Ohio for the appropriate profession (e.g. Licensed Social Worker, Licensed Independent Social Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor).
Supervisory certification for the appropriate profession.
Pre-Employment Background Check
Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. Offers of employment are conditional until a background investigation has been successfully completed and all other pre-employment requirements are satisfied. The University reserves the right to determine and confirm suitability for employment and to end any employment already begun if the background check reveals disqualifying information.
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative pay grade 354. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
For more information on Administrative pay grades and ranges click HERE
Submit cover letter w/email address, resume, and contact information of 3 professional references (in one document as one attachment if possible) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or regular mail to:
Office of Human Resources (Search J-62606)
1851 N. Research Drive
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403-0201
Deadline to apply: July 10, 2013
(Credentials must be received by the deadline date. Official transcript(s) will be required of final candidates.)
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer.
We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
BGSU hires only individuals authorized to work in the United States.
For information regarding BGSU’s crime statistics, please visit Public Safety’s website at www.bgsu.edu/offices/safety
|Full-time staff members are offered many benefits at BGSU for a brief description click: here||Bowling Green was recently named one of the best home towns in Ohio. Details: here||Information from the Bowling Green Visitor and Convention Bureau. Details: here||Information from the Bowling Green Chamber of Commerce. Details: here||New resident information from the city of Bowling Green’s web site. Details: here|
To return to all Administrative Staff Vacancies click HERE