New Staff Welcome Center - Benefits Sign-Up
New Full-time Faculty and Staff Benefits Sign-Up Process
This page provides access to the resources and forms required to process your BGSU Benefits. This page also provides access to online Benefit Enrollment in MyBGSU, which must be completed within 31 days of your first day of employment with BGSU.
Although you have 31 days to complete your online benefits enrollment, we ask that you electronically complete and submit the following forms to the Office of Human Resources when you attend your Benefits session at the office or, if faculty, as soon as possible.
- OHR Benefits Session Checklist
- Beneficiary Designation for Minnesota Life
- Travel Risk Insurance Beneficiary Designation
- Dependent Life Insurance Enrollment (if desired)
- Health Insurance Certification Forms for Dependents (spouse, same -sex domestic partner, etc)
- Supporting Documentation (birth certificates, marriage certificates, etc)
Please follow the instructions listed below for completing your Benefits sign-up process.
1) Access and electronically complete and print the above mentioned forms, ID cards, and other documents as desired from the table below. You will need to use your home computer or a public computer to complete and print these documents. You will not be able to use a BGSU office computer until your departmental budget data is loaded into our computer system.
2) Access the resource pages (Life Insurance, Health Plans, etc) to review plan details and other important information. You have the option of printing the information or viewing it electronically. Please jot down any questions you may have about your benefits and bring these questions with you to your Benefits session at OHR. Return to this page as often as you want to review benefit details; when you are ready, access the Online Benefits Enrollment page (see step 13) and review as needed the tutorials and reference guides that will guide you in making your online benefit elections.
|Step||Type||Supporting Documentation||Decision-Making Tools |
|1. Complete the OHR Benefits Session Checklist||Required-Now||Saving Forms|
|2. Review Life Insurance Information and select you Basic Life Insurance Plan (A or B) and Optional Life Insurance Plan if desired||Required-31 Days||Life Insurance|
|3. Complete the Beneficiary Designation for Basic Life and Optional Life (if different)||Required-Now||Social Security Numbers of beneficiaries||Life Insurance|
|4. Complete the Travel Risk Insurance-Beneficiary Designation||Required-Now||Life Insurance|
|5. Complete as desired the BGSU Dependent Life Insurance Enrollment||Optional- Now||Life Insurance|
|6. Review Employee Assistance Program (EAP) information and print Membership Card if desired||Required||Other Benefits|
|7. Review Bureau of Workers Compensation information and print ID card if desired||Required||Other Benefits|
|8. Review Retirement Planning information and select retirement plan||Required- 120 days||Retirement Plans|
|9. Review Health Insurance information and select Plan A or Plan B||Required-31 Days||Health Plans|
|10. Complete all Health Insurance Certification forms as applicable for dependents- spouse, same-sex domestic partner, and children||Required Now||Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificate, Same-Sex Domestic Partner documents||Health Plans|
|11. Review Dental Plan, Vision Plan, and Flexible Spending Plan information and select desired options||Optional-31 Days||Optional Health Plans|
|12. Review optional benefits such as Employee and Dependent Fee Waivers||Optional-See policy for deadline||Other Benefits|
|13.Review online benefits enrollment information; when you have access to MyBGSU, complete benefits enrollment process||Required-31 Days||Online Benefits Enrollment|
|Office of Human Resources|
|1851 N. Research Drive|
|(419) 372-8421 | Fax: (419) 372-2920|