Administrative Staff Position
ONLINE STUDENT SUCCESS RECRUITER/COUNSELOR
Office of Online Programs
(Non-Student Letter of Appointment)
To apply click the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org and attach (as one document if possible), your cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references
Part-time NSLA (Non-student Letter of Appointment) position. 20 hours per week, M-F, flexible daytime hours and evenings as needed.
Under supervision of the Assistant Director of the Office of Online Programs, this position assists with recruiting and retention efforts of online students at BGSU: responsibilities include but are not limited to: recruiting and advising for the Online Student Success Services program; collaborating with all student support areas at BGSU to ensure a seamless online experience for BGSU students enrolled in a fully online degree program; managing the online orientation and community in Canvas; collaborating with ISS to develop strategies to recruit online international students and with University Outreach to recruit online students from community colleges; following up with potential students generated from promotional campaigns; generating surveys to collect data for executive decision making.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with essential service offices to provide a one stop shop for online students.
- Develop and facilitate an online student community and online student orientation.
- Gather data on student retention needs to inform strategic planning.
- Dedicate and prioritize resources to develop online service portals for the distance students.
- Streamline student services and administrative processes so that all forms can be submitted digitally (web forms, electronic signatures, etc.).
- Develop webinars in collaboration with pertinent departments with topics that are relevant to adult online student success such as study skills, goal setting, time management, career opportunities, writing a thesis, etc.
- Follow up with community college transfer personnel to promote online programs through the Online Student Success Services, and provide assistance to students who register in these degree completion programs.
- Promote online programs to an international audience by analyzing current markets, identifying marketing opportunities, following up with students through the OSSS, and assisting international students that register in online programs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledgeable about online programs
- Ability to operate a variety of technologies and computer software programs
- Strong customer service skills and ability to work with non-traditional populations
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and perform under tight timelines and pressure
- Ability to interpret and follow written/verbal instructions, policies, procedures and solve problems
- Good organizational and time management skills
Major Worker Characteristics
Knowledge of online programs. Ability to apply principles to solve practical, everyday problems; cooperate with co-workers on group projects; deal with problems involving several variables in familiar context.
Pre-Employment Background Check
Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. Offers of employment are conditional until a background investigation has been successfully completed and all other pre-employment requirements are satisfied. The University reserves the right to determine and confirm suitability for employment and to end any employment already begun if the background check reveals disqualifying information.
Submit cover letter w/email address, resume, and contact information of 3 professional references (in one document as one attachment if possible) by email to email@example.com or regular mail to:
Office of Human Resources (NSLA)
1851 N. Research Drive
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403
Deadline to apply: June 28, 2013
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. BGSU hires only individuals authorized to work in the United States. For information regarding BGSU’s crime statistics, please visit Public Safety’s web site at www.bgsu.edu/offices/safety.
|Full-time staff members|
are offered many
benefits at BGSU
for a brief description
|Bowling Green was recently named|
one of the best
home towns in Ohio. Details: here
the Bowling Green
the Bowling Green
the city of Bowling
Green’s web site.
To return to all Administrative Staff Vacancies click HERE