Administrative Staff Position Vacancy Announcement
Northwest Ohio Regional Book Depository
To visit the University Libraries' web site: Click HERE
To apply, click the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org and attach (as one document if possible), your cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references
Reporting to the Associate Dean, this position provides management and supervision of operations and personnel at the Northwest Ohio Regional Book Depository (NWORBD), a cooperative facility for the libraries of BGSU and the University of Toledo; coordinates the depository's participation in statewide initiatives involving OhioLINK and other Ohio depositories; prepares reports; recommends and implements policies, procedures and services; performs a variety of duties in the circulation, processing, delivery and deduplication of materials and documents to and from the depository.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Supervise 2 FTE and 10-20 student employees including hiring, training, evaluation and prioritization of their duties. Collaboratively develops annual goals for the unit and monitors progress towards meeting them.
- Manage building usage, security, safety, and maintenance and maintain appropriate supplies and equipment for the NWORBD by working closely with vendor contracted employees and BGSU facilities, campus safety personnel, and the University Libraries Budget Office.
- Analyze NWORBD collections to facilitate institutional, depository and statewide resource sharing. Participate in appropriate collection management activities with library staff at BGSU and University of Toledo (UT). Collaborate with statewide library depository coordinator and other depository managers in the development and implementation of procedures and workflows for statewide initiatives.
- With supervisor and staff of cooperating institutions, formulate, recommend, implement, and evaluate NWORBD procedures, policies, services and technologies. Develop, measure, and report on progress of NWORBD goals and objectives. Prepare annual reports, strategic planning documents, equipment requests, student employee budgets and other reports and documents as requested by supervisor.
- Participate in the day-to-day operations of the NWORBD and perform a variety of duties in the circulation, processing, delivery and deduplication of materials and documents to and from the NWORBD.
- Coordinate circulation, document delivery, processing and deduplication procedures and practices with the cooperating universities. Communicate regularly with appropriate staff in the University Libraries and at the cooperating institutions on workflows, procedural changes, etc. Maintain the database of library items transferred to the NWORBD or OHDEP using established standards agreed upon by the cooperating universities and OhioLINK.
- Gather statistics and review current usage of the module to identify areas to reconfigure and/or space to reconfigure.
- Work closely with appropriate Information Technology (IT) staff from BGSU and UT on computer hardware and software maintenance and troubleshooting. Maintain current public information related to the NWORBD, such as the website.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Knowledge of computer software, hardware, and database systems used in a library setting
- Knowledge of library collection analysis
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to operate a mobile lift at heights of 35 ft. and work in a low temperature/humidity environment.
Bachelor's degree required. Master in Library Science preferred. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the university’s vehicle use policy.
Plus the following required experience:
• 1-2 years management/supervisory experience
• 1-2 years of work experience in a library setting
• 1-2 years of experience with the back end of an integrated library system
Pre-Employment Background Check
Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. Offers of employment are conditional until a background investigation has been successfully completed and all other pre-employment requirements are satisfied. The University reserves the right to determine and confirm suitability for employment and to end any employment already begun if the background check reveals disqualifying information.
Full-time administrative staff position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Administrative pay grade 355. Full benefits package available. For more information on Administrative pay grades and ranges click HERE .
Submit cover letter w/email address, resume, and contact information of 3 professional references (in one document as one attachment if possible) by email to email@example.com or regular mail to:
Office of Human Resources (Search L-62656)
1851 N. Research Drive
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403
Deadline to apply: October 16, 2013
Credentials must be received on or before the deadline date. Official transcript(s) will be required of final candidates.
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. BGSU hires only individuals authorized to work in the United States. For information regarding BGSU’s crime statistics, please visit Public Safety’s web site at www.bgsu.edu/offices/safety.
|Full-time staff members|
are offered many
benefits at BGSU
for a brief description
|Bowling Green was recently named|
one of the best
home towns in Ohio. Details: here
the Bowling Green
the Bowling Green
the city of Bowling
Green’s web site.
To return to all Administrative Staff Vacancies click HERE