Human Resources: Benefits
|HR Home | Equity and Diversity | Payroll Office | Employment | Compensation | Benefits | Training | Resources | Forms | Contact Us | Site Map|
Words and Phrases
Some terms used in the Policy are defined below. Other terms may be explained where used in another part of the Policy.
(a) "Full-time employee" means only an employee who is
- (1) under written contract with the Employer to work on a full-time basis, and
(2) whose salary is paid in full by the Employer.
(b) "Written notice" means notice in writing in a form supplied by or which satisfies Unicare.
(c) "Injury" means only bodily injury sustained accidentally by external means.
(d) "Pregnancy" means pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.
- (1) reports for work at the employee's usual place of employment with the Employer and such usual place of employment is outside of the employee's home; and
(2) is able to perform all of the usual and customary duties of such employee's occupation on a regular full-time basis.
An employee who does not so report or whose usual place of employment with the Employer is in the home shall be considered "actively at work," if, at any time on the date in question, the employee is neither:
(A) a hospital patient; nor
(B) disabled to a degree that such employee could not then have reported to a place of employment outside of the home and performed all of the usual and customary duties of such person's occupation on a regular full-time basis.
(f) "Dependent" means only the following, if not eligible to be insured as employees under the Policy; or, if previously so insured, not eligible for benefits under the Policy as a result of a disability existing when such insurance ended.
- (1) Your spouse while not divorced or legally separated from you.
(2) Each of your children while:
- (A) unmarried;
(B) not employed on a regular full-time basis;
(C) dependent on you for support; and
(D) under the age limit for dependent children shown in the Master Schedule
- (A) unmarried;
|Office of Human Resources|
|1851 N. Research Drive|
|(419) 372-8421 | Fax: (419) 372-2920|