Office of Equity & Diversity
President's Advisory Council on Diversity and Inclusion
Reports to the Director of Equity and Diversity
The President makes all appointments
1-3-year staggered terms, may be renewed
Co-Chaired: 1 member of PACODI and the Equity & Diversity Officer
Charge: (will be reviewed by the President annually)
- Advisory and makes recommendations to the President.
- Supports the University’s diversity and inclusion goals and initiatives.
- Assesses and monitors progress towards achieving diversity and inclusion goals at all levels of the University.
- Works to enhance the University’s goals to retain students, faculty and staff of color, and other underrepresented groups
- Supports the University’s goals to recruit and hire more faculty and staff of color, and other underrepresented groups
- Works with the Office of the Provost and other campus partners to enhance and support diversity and inclusion in the curricula.
- Assists the Office of Equity and Diversity with review and development of strategic initiatives.
- Works in collaboration with the Equal Opportunity Compliance Committee. Will convene one joint meeting per semester (fall/spring) with additional meetings as deemed appropriate.
- Support and collaborate with faculty, staff, and student affinity groups.
In order to advance this agenda, the PACODI will be responsible for developing annual goals and timeline.
Membership (15 regular members to include at least one member from Firelands):
1 Dean of an academic college
1 member of the Equal Opportunity Compliance Committee
2 faculty members
2 members of faculty senate
2 undergraduate students
2 graduate students
2 classified staff members
2 administrative staff members
1 community leader
Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost
Director, Office of Equity and Diversity
Director, Office of Multicultural Affairs
Director of Disability Services
Senior Associate Vice President of Student Affairs
Assistant Director, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) Programs
Director, Women’s Center
Director of International Programs
The President’s Advisory Council on Diversity and Inclusion will meet at least twice per semester during the academic year and twice during the summer. PACODI may identify ad hoc and subcommittee groups that would meet more frequently.
Vicky Kulicke, Equity and Diversity Officer
Susana Peña, Director, School of Cultural and Critical Studies