successNET offers you a comprehensive communication view of your students’ performance and allows access to the most up-to-date academic progress information.
You are critical to our students’ success, and successNET needs your involvement. As advisors, you can raise, resolve and view flag activity for your advisees; but you are not simply observers. We ask that you assess the 360 degree student view as well as actively contribute to this view by utilizing the Advising Notes function. You can customize these notes to share with instructors and other advisors or to remain private, meaning the information you’ve written will be viewed by you alone.
Top tips for advisors
- Use the student folder function to prepare for student meetings. Having the student folder open as you meet with students better prepares and informs you for a focused and meaningful conversation.
- Actively contribute to the student folders of your advisees by utilizing the Notes function.
- Mention successNET to students. Raise awareness of the system, and encourage them to log on, pay attention to their FalconMail account and act on any active flags by reading carefully and following the advice and directions.
- Talk to other advisors and instructors in the same way. Encouraging use and sharing helpful tips is a really great way to ensure the success of the system.
- Take time to clear active flags when appropriate. Adding to the Comments section when you are resolving flags is another way to contribute to the 360 degree student view.
- Refer students to services when appropriate.
- Raise flags when appropriate.
- Plan to use the appointment scheduling feature when available.
- We know that advisors often meet with students not listed as their advisees. Therefore, all advisors have been given permission to view and contribute to the student folders of all students.
- Actively participate in the immediate and long-term success of the system by providing feedback and input, and by suggesting additional functionalities and system enhancements that you think would be helpful.
Flag or notification types
- Inadequate Homework and Assignments
- Kudos: Keep up the Good Work
- Learning Commons Referral
- Low Quiz/Test Scores
- Kudos: Outstanding Academic Performance
- Poor Attendance
- Poor Participation
- Kudos: Showing Improvement
Advisors wishing to set up small group training sessions are encouraged to contact Cyndie Roberts at 419-372-7219 or firstname.lastname@example.org.