August 23 – August 25, 2013
Welcome to the start of your BGSU career!
Opening Weekend is a required event for new BGSU students and serves as a comprehensive introduction to nearly everything BGSU offers you. Throughout Opening Weekend you'll meet other new students, faculty, and staff while engaging in over 25 events on campus. You’ll be led in small groups with upper-class BGSU students known as Opening Weekend Group Leaders (OWGLs). Your OWGL will share the ins and outs of being a BGSU student and answer your questions as you prepare to start classes on Monday. Whether you are living on campus or commuting from home, Opening Weekend is essential for your transition to BGSU.
During Opening Weekend you will…
- Meet faculty and staff from your academic major
- Learn some of the history and exciting traditions about BGSU
- Make new friends in your residence hall and across campus
- Discuss available resources and learn how to navigate campus
- Better understand your responsibilities as a new student, including differences between high school and college
- Get settled-in before classes begin
- Expand on your plans for academic success, career development, leadership and engagement and personal and fiscal responsibility.
Last Updated: August 2013