Dance Marathon Benefit Dinner planned
The Dance Marathon Community Outreach Committee invites all faculty and staff to the fourth annual Dance Marathon Benefit Dinner on Jan. 20 at Stone Ridge Golf Club in Bowling Green.
The evening will include a presentation and a silent auction. A “miracle family” will also be speaking about how Dance Marathon has affected them.
Doors will open at 6 p.m. for the 6:30 p.m. dinner.
The cost is $30 per person. Tables of eight may be purchased at the discounted rate of $200. All proceeds benefit the Children’s Miracle Network and BGSU’s Dance Marathon 2007.
For more information or to order tickets, contact Alisha Biler at email@example.com.
‘Bursarables’ on way out, BG1 Card on the rise
The new year will bring some changes to the way in which employees may purchase goods and services on campus. On Jan. 2, “bursaring” purchases will no longer be an option for them.
Instead, campus community members may use their BGSU photo ID card, which is also the BG1 Card. To learn more about the BG1 Card, its new “Assured Value” feature and the work of the Beyond Bursarables team, log onto MyBGSU and click on Beyond Bursarables under Financial Services in the My Services menu.
AFIN/FMS conversion calendar announced
In preparation for conversion from AFIN to FMS, the following significant dates for completing and converting financial transaction processes have been established to complete and close many transactions before conversion to the FMS system.
Please note these dates and plan appropriately to complete any purchases needed during early 2007.
• Jan. 19 – Last day for the business, purchasing and grants offices to receive online (PO, RXQ, PDQ, OC) or paper documents for processing in AFIN. Receiving documents (RC) will continue to be available through Jan. 25. Travel and business entertainment reimbursements will continue using the current process.
• Jan. 22 – HCM will be converted to using FMS information for chartfield and location codes.
• Jan. 25 – Last day for receiving documents (RC) to be submitted online or by paper for processing in AFIN.
• Jan. 31 – Last day for AFIN. Normal monthly reports to be produced.
• Feb. 1-4 – Conversion from AFIN to PeopleSoft FMS system. Systems will be unavailable for use during the conversion period.
• Feb. 5 – FMS system go-live! BGSU financial transactions will begin to be completed using the new system.
The FMS system will contain historical financial information at the general ledger level for the 2005-06 fiscal year and for the period spanning July 1, 2006 through Jan. 31, 2007. Any budgets that were open in AFIN on Jan. 31, 2007, will be manually rebuilt in FMS and available for process completion.
As of Feb. 5, 2007, all University financial transactions will be processed in FMS, and the purchasing and business offices will no longer accept paper documents used in AFIN to initiate the creation of purchase orders and to process vendor invoice payments. Departments will be required to use the online FMS system to transact these types of business.
BG@100 FMS training is being offered for staff members who need access to transact this business. Contact the BG@100 project office at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding required training for FMS.
December 18, 2006