Marketing & Communications
Parade Rules and Regulations
- All participants must submit a parade application and signature of the parade representative. Unit construction may not begin until the Homecoming Assistant Director of Parade and the City of Bowling Green have approved the parade application.
- Parade units must be able to travel between two and three miles per hour and capable of making frequent stops as necessary.
- All parade units must be of an appropriate nature. This means absolutely no drug or alcohol references, obscene language, sexual references, derogatory comments directed at any group or individual, or anything else deemed inappropriate by the Parade Chair.
- All individuals in the parade are expected to behave appropriately. The use of drugs and alcohol in conjunction with the parade is strictly forbidden. Anyone under the influence of either drugs or alcohol will be restricted from riding/walking in the parade. Parade participants are also expected to refrain from using foul language or making inappropriate gestures during the parade.
- NOTHING may be thrown from any parade unit. Individuals walking in the parade may hand candy and informational flyers to spectators.
- Floats must be no more than 15 feet wide and 10 feet tall (from the base of the trailer). It is the responsibility of the organization to construct safe and stable structures. Materials used for float construction or car decoration must be durable enough to withstand wear for the duration of the parade route.
Failure to adhere to any of these policies may result in a group or individual’s removal from the parade.
Please remember that you and your organization represent Bowling Green State University. Please do so in a positive light and show everyone how proud you are to be a Falcon!
*Please retain this copy of the rules and regulations for your records.*