Vision, Core Values, and Role of the University
Bowling Green State University serves the diverse and multicultural communities of Ohio, the United States and the world.
This Vision is supported by:
- an extensive portfolio of distinctive undergraduate programs, focused master’s and specialist degrees and a select number of nationally recognized doctoral programs;
- scholarly and creative endeavors of the highest order;
- academically challenging teaching, fully connected with research and public service; innovative academic planning that focuses on society’s changing needs, student outcomes and the appropriate integration of technology;
- an educational environment that develops culturally literate, self-assured, technologically sophisticated, productive citizens who are prepared to lead, to inspire and to preserve the great traditions of our democracy.
The Core Values to which the University adheres are:
- respect for one another;
- intellectual and spiritual growth;
- creative imaginings;
- pride in a job well done .
Bowling Green State University is dedicated to providing quality academic programs in a learning environment that promotes academic and personal excellence in students, as well as appreciation of intellectual, ethical and aesthetic values. Wisdom, sound judgment, tolerance and respect for other persons, cultures and ideas are the hallmarks of an educated person and the characteristics that the University hopes to develop in its students.