Honors Learning Community
Enroll in the HLC
The Office of Residence Life will mail incoming Freshmen detailed information in the spring on selecting housing online and choosing learning communities. Enroll in the Honors Learning Community through the MyBGSU portal. To also live within the facility, you will need to preference Harshman Anderson to be placed there during the housing allocation process.
As an incoming freshman, if you are in the process of applying to the Honors Program, please do not wait for acceptance into the Program to sign up for the Honors Learning Community.
Returning students can choose their preferred room during Returning Student Housing Sign up Process during the Spring semester.
So, to sign up for the Honors Learning Community, you will need to access the web portal. Remember, though recommended, it is not necessary for HLC members to live in Harshman Anderson or to be a member of the Honors Program. Because of this you must enroll in the Honors Learning Community and sign up for campus housing in separate steps.
Steps for Enrolling to Honors Learning Community (HLC)
1. Go to the Residence Life Communities by clicking here.
2. Click on the ‘Enroll Now’ button.
3. Enter your BGSU Username and Password.
4. Click ‘Add a New Community Enrollment Request’ button.
5. Select ‘Honors Learning Community’ and the proper Academic term from the dropdown menus and click "OK."
6. Once you have requested enrollment into the community, please ensure that you have taken the proper steps to preference (New Students) or sign up for housing (Returning students wishing to live on campus).