General Studies Writing Program
Outcomes and Assessment
The following pages highlight the outcomes and assessment practices for the General Studies Writing department. These outcomes are upheld by all Full-time Faculty and Graduate Instructors.
- The GSW Outcomes Grid overviews various aspects of the General Studies Writing program.
- The Audience and Values Exploration, completed by students, help focus their attention to determine the appropriate audience(s) for their writing.
- The Student Process Analysis worksheet asks students to take a deeper look into their writing process.
- The GSW Paper Evaluation Rubric is used by all classes.
- GSW 1100/1110 Grading Descriptors: overviews the standards of what is expected in student writing.
- GSW 1120 Grading Descriptors: overviews the standards of what is expected in student writing.
- The Portfolio Assessment Overview & Video provides a quick tour of GSW's portfolio process.
- GSW Learning Outcomes outlines what students can expect to learn by the time they leave the GSW system.