Student Affairs Advisory Committee
To advise the Division of Student Affairs in dealing with all non-academic matters related to the general welfare of the student population.
The Student Affairs Advisory Board shall advise on:
- policies related to the establishment and continuance of all student social organizations;
- policies related to the initiation and implementation of student services;
- policies related to the initiation and implementation of cultural programs of significant student and University community interest;
- policies pertaining to regulations affecting the rights and responsibilities of students, including residence hall regulations;
- changes in the Student Code;
- procedures and organization for hearing and adjudicating student grievances, not otherwise provided for in the Student Code or other academic appeal procedures;
- policies related to any aspect of non-academic student life not specifically mentioned in the above functions and not within the purview of other duly recognized University councils or committees.
- Three elected faculty members;
- One additional faculty member in first four years, appointed by the Committee on Committees for a one-year term;
- Two undergraduate students appointed by USG for one-year terms;
- One graduate students appointed by GSS for a one-year term;
- Two administrative staff from the Division of Student Affairs, elected by the Division of Student Affairs for a two-year terms.
- Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs
- Dean of Students
The chair shall be elected from among the elected faculty members.
BALANCE OF REPRESENTATION:
The undergraduate student representatives should include a representation of minorities and women. Three of the elected faculty members must be eligible for election to Faculty Senate ( Academic Charter, Article V.B).
All elected, appointed and ex officio members have full voting rights. Consultants are non-voting members. ( Academic Charter, Article V.B)