Insurance Appeals Committee
To review appeals of decisions resulting from the administration of the University insurance programs and to recommend adjudication to the President of the University.
- Review appeals regarding administrative decisions related to the procedures and provision of benefits of the University insurance programs;
- Recommend appropriate action.
- One elected faculty member;
- One additional faculty member in first four years, appointed by the Committee on Committees for a one-year term;
- Two classified staff members each elected for a three year term;
- One administrative staff member elected for a three-year term;
- Director of Student Health Services or his/her designee
- Elected faculty member serving on the University Insurance Committee
The chair shall be elected from among the elected faculty, administrative staff members, and classified staff members.
BALANCE OF REPRESENTATION:
The elected faculty member must be eligible for election to Faculty Senate ( Academic Charter, Article V.B).
All elected, appointed and ex officio members have full voting rights. Consultants are non-voting members. ( Academic Charter, Article V.B)