Information Technology Committee
The Information Technology Committee (ITC) is a university standing committee as provided in the Academic Charter (Article V). The ITC advises the Executive Vice President on all matters affecting information technology in the University. The Committee shall meet twice monthly in the academic year and monthly in the summer in order to assure that institutional goals in the integration of technology are regularly supported.
Specifically, the ITC shall:
- consult with the administration regarding the ongoing review and development of operating policies and procedures related to services for end-users in order to assure that these support the University goals while effectively addressing the ethical and responsible use of the University's electronic resources;
- advise on the development of policies regarding the integration of technology in the learning, work, and living environments;
- assist in the development of University priorities in the strategic planning for information technology initiatives;
- review the annual budget proposals of Information Technology Services before they are submitted to FSBC/UBC;
- recommend new and/or improved technology services; and
- provide a forum to which students, faculty, and staff may bring for discussion concerns related to information technology services.
- Seven faculty members, elected by college on the same proportional basis as the Senate;
- One at-large faculty member in his/her first four years of service appointed by the Commitee on Committees;
- One elected representative from the Administrative Staff Council for a three-year term;
- One elected representative from the Classified Staff Council for a three-year term;
- One undergraduate student appointed annually by USG;
- One graduate student appointed annually by GSS;
- Three staff representatives: one appointed by the Vice President for Student Affairs; one by the Vice President for University Advancement, and one by the Senior Vice President for Finance and Administration; and
- The Chief Information officer; and
- The Executive Director of Information Technology Services; and
- The Director of Technology Support at Firelands College
The chair shall be elected from the elected membership for a one-year term at the last spring semester meeting, to take office following the spring graduation.
BALANCE OF REPRESENTATION:
Three of the elected faculty members must be eligible for election to Faculty Senate ( Academic Charter, Article V.B). Elected members' terms shall be three years, with approximately 1/3 of the members elected or appointed each year.