Honors and Awards Committee
To encourage and recognize high academic achievement among students.
- Formulate policies, principles and standards for evaluation and presentation of academic honors and awards to be recognized by the University;
- Recommend to the Faculty Senate standards of academic achievement for recognition by the University of honorary societies and fraternities;
- Determine the status of an organization's qualifications as an academic honor society;
- Maintain communication with and among the college honors and awards committees.
SPECIAL FUNCTIONS OF FACULTY AND EX OFFICIO MEMBERS:
- Screen lists submitted to the Registrar of possible candidates for academic honors prior to each commencement;
- Make recommendations to the President as to honors and awards worthy of University recognition.
- Three elected faculty members, one of whom is a member of the Faculty Senate;
- one additional faculty member in first four years, appointed by the Committee on Committees for a one-year term;
- Two undergraduate students appointed by USG for one-year terms;
- One graduate student appointed by GSS for a one-year term.
- Registrar or his/her designee;
- Assistant Vice President for Student Activities and Organizations
The chair shall be elected from among the elected faculty members.
BALANCE OF REPRESENTATION:
The three elected faculty members must be eligible for election to Faculty Senate ( Academic Charter, Article V.B).
All elected, appointed and ex officio members have full voting rights. Consultants are non-voting members. ( Academic Charter, Article V.B)