Health, Wellness, and Insurance Committee
To monitor employee health, wellness, and insurance plans, and the employee satisfaction with the existing plans, to establish goals to improve employee wellness, and to advise the President on health care benefits.
- Engage in on-going studies of the health, wellness, and health insurance plans at the University and at other institutions, and consider health-care related suggestions from constituent groups and individuals;
- Conduct an annual survey to determine employee satisfaction with existing plans;
- Recommend new operating policies or changes in existing policies to the Manager of Benefits and Insurance for implementation after carefully reviewing on-going plans;
- Establish goals to improve employee wellness and health care, and annually report to the President, Administrative Staff Council, Classified Staff Council and Faculty Senate on the progress in achieving these goals;
- Advise the President on health-care benefits, wellness, and insurance plans with respect to changes in existing plans, or in the administration of such plans, or adoption of alternative plans.
The committee will have sixteen voting members and three non-voting members.
- Nine voting members will be elected by four constituent groups (two from faculty, three from administrative staff, three from classified staff, and one from IUP) to staggered three-year terms.
- One faculty member in their first four years appointed by the Committee on Committees.
- Three voting members will be appointed by the President to staggered three-year term.
- Three members from; One from the Division of Finance and Administration and two from the Office of Human Resources will serve by virtue of their office as ex-officio members. These members may fully participate in the work and deliberations of the committee, but are ineligible to vote or to serve as committee chair.
Chair: The chair shall be elected from among the twelve voting members of the committee, excluding ex officio members (Academic Charter, Article V.B.4).
Faculty Representation: Two faculty members shall be elected by faculty and members of Faculty Senate for three-year terms, and the third faculty member shall be appointed to a one-year term by Committee on Committees and must be a regular faculty member in the first four years of appointment at BGSU.
President's Appointments: Three members from any of the constituent groups shall be appointed by the President to staggered three-year terms.
Administrative and Classified Staff Members: Three members from administrative staff and three members from classified staff shall be elected for three-year staggered terms by the respective Councils.