Admissions (Undergraduate) Advisory Committee
To advise the Director of Undergraduate Admissions on policies and procedures related to the recruiting and admission of undergraduate students.
1. Review all recruiting procedures and practices;
2. Review all admission procedures and practices;
3. Advise on the development of long-range recruiting and admission planning;
4. Advise the Director of Undergraduate Admissions on concerns expressed by the committee and other university offices regarding policy matters related to recruiting and admissions.
- Eight elected faculty members (one each from the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Business Administration, the College of Education and Allied Professions, the College of Firelands, the College of Health and Human Services, the College of Musical Arts, the College of Technology, and the Instructional Support Services);
- One additional faculty member in first four years, appointed by the Committee on Committees for a one-year term;
- One undergraduate student appointed by USG for a one-year term;
- One representative from Continuing Education and Summer Programs, appointed by the Vice President for Academic Affairs for a three-year term;
- One administrative staff member from Student Affairs appointed by the Vice President for Student Affairs for a three-year term;
- The Registrar or his/her designee.
EX OFFICI0 (Non-voting):
- Director of Undergraduate Admissions
The chair of the committee shall be elected from among the elected faculty members.
BALANCE OF REPRESENTATION:
Three of the elected faculty members must be eligible for election to Faculty Senate ( Academic Charter, Article V.B).
All elected, appointed and ex officio members have full voting rights. Consultants are non-voting members. ( Academic Charter, Article V.B)