Senate Committee on Academic Affairs
The Senate's Committee on Academic Affairs (FS-CAA) monitors all curricular and programmatic matters as well as all major changes in academic regulations and policies. It reviews the actions of Undergraduate and Graduate Councils, recommends actions to the SEC for Senate consideration, reports to the Senate, is responsible for statements of academic priorities and objectives of the University for purposes of planning and budgeting, makes recommendations about the University calendar, arbitrates disagreements over academic matters, conducts studies for the Senate regarding academic programs, and discusses the annual evaluation of the Vice President for Academic Affairs with the President.
Positions on the committee are filled through annual elections in the Spring semester. Vacancies are filled by appointment of the Committee on Committees for a period of up to one year. If you are willing to fill a vacancy on this committee, please contact the Chair of the Committee on Committees.
Below is the list of 2012-13 FS-CAA Members, their department / organizational affiliations, BGSU phone numbers and e-mail addresses:
- Faculty Members:
- David Border, (Chair), Technology Systems, 372-2461, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Judy Adams, Public & Allied Health, 372-8554, email@example.com
- James Albert, Mathematics and Statistics, 372-7456, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cindy Hendricks, School of Teaching & Learning, 372-7341, email@example.com
- Anne Leser, Humanities, 372-0928, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Peter VanderHart, Economics, 372-8070, email@example.com